The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.9.8.0] [Build 16299.15] Preferences not saved to wccf + Big ISO size Empty[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.9.8.0] [Build 16299.15] Preferences not saved to wccf + Big ISO size

more_horiz
Hi @winterstorm, I am using the latest build of winreducer and am facing some bugs:

1) Some options I selected are not saved to my wccf file. I.E.:

Optimizations    ISO - Boot - Delete Unneeded Editions
Optimizations    ISO - Windows - Delete Unneeded Editions
Optimizations    Windows - Unneeded Files Cleanup

Also, I never select:

Settings    Apps - Offline maps

But in my wccf file it's always "true" and always loads.

Also, Services never seem to load, since I selected those:

Services    Diagnostic Policy Services
Services    Diagnostic Tracking Service

As disabled, but in the wccf file they show like this:

Services    Diagnostic Policy Services    false    4
Services    Diagnostic Tracking Service    false    4

And when I load the wccf they don't show as disabled.

2) My ISO is significantly BIGGER than the AIO one I'm using:

- untouched ISO: 3659mb
- winreduced ISO: 4851mb

Here's the wccf file (keep in mind that some thing are disabled or false here because of the bugs mentioned above):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3) Out of curiosity, in addition to the previous tests, I tried to remove these components:

Remove - Modern UI Apps    Cortana
Remove - Modern UI Apps    OOBE (Cortana)
Remove - Modern UI Apps    Microsoft Edge

And also set this:

Unattended    Hide Cortana Setup    true

But it seems that nothing happened (cortana and edge were still there) and, strange things, all the apps that I selected to remove (the ones in the wccf attached above) were not removed this time. One thing I also changed only for this test #3 was to use windows 10 home instead of windows 10 pro (the one i always use).

Sorry for the long post, keep up the good work Very Happy

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.9.8.0] [Build 16299.15] Preferences not saved to wccf + Big ISO size EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.9.8.0] [Build 16299.15] Preferences not saved to wccf + Big ISO size

more_horiz
Hey Carlese!

Concerning 1.) Winter made some changes in the last revision and now you need to acticate the "Automatic Removing Process (Expert Optimization)" to get you optimizations working. I ran into that aswell. Then your ISO should be smaller once again (refering to 2.) ) Concerning 3.) It seems that you have protected e.g. "Protect ModernUI Apps" and therefore your remove selection could not be done.

I hope that I could help you - Have a great day,

Markus

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.9.8.0] [Build 16299.15] Preferences not saved to wccf + Big ISO size EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.9.8.0] [Build 16299.15] Preferences not saved to wccf + Big ISO size

more_horiz
Hi @hauser.markus, thanks for your reply..

1) is this "Automatic Removing Process (Expert Optimization)" the first entry in the second tab? If so, it's activated (and this is another bug, since it shows as false in the wccf). Maybe this will solve #2 as well once fixed
3) in the second tab I protect everything (all the switches are green) and I was able to remove windows apps no problem yesterday with 1.9.8.0 (using windows 10 pro) but when I used windows 10 home all the metro apps were still there..

Let's hope for a fix for the wrong entries in wccf and the wrong behavior of the build..

more_horiz
Yes exactly! This is the Expert Optimization option. For me at least it worked. Can you please do the following. Check all the expert options again and then save a preset. Afterwards do the cleaning with this saved preset loaded again. If it still persits I will do a recheck with my version.

Concerning 2 and 3. If the Expert options are selected as false (lets assume it is a program error) it could be related to your problems.

more_horiz
Will try this night, in the meantime let's see if winterstorm hase something to add Wink Thanks!

more_horiz
Hello guys Smile

Carlese, if you look carefully at the "Automatic Removing Process" options (ISO size and Expert Optimizations) ... they are in the same frame as "Automatic Removing Removing", which is written in bold ... simply because it's the main option.

So all options below should be considered as dependencies of the "Automatic Removing Removing" option ... you may easily experiment the dependency by activating only "ISO Size" because it automatically activates the "Automatic Removing Removing" main option Wink

Then, it means that as soon as you activate the "Automatic Removing Removing" option, all dependent options (ISO size and Expert Optimizations) will be activated :
- if you put on "ON" status, for example "Optimize ISO size" ... so it will automatically use all dedicated components to achieve the best ISO optimization (no matter if you selected or not these dedicated options ... the purpose of the automatic process)
- if you put on "OFF" status, for example "Optimize ISO size" ... so it will automatically deactivate all dedicated components to prevent you to remove ISO optimization (no matter if you selected or not these dedicated options ... the purpose of the automatic process)

But if you really want to bypass the automatic components selection, proposed by the "Automatic Removing Removing" main option ... you have no other choices but to deactivate it and use the "Manual Mode" (select individually all components you need to remove) Wink

And these options will be greatly improved in the future because I'm preparing many surprises Smile

I wish you to have a nice day !

more_horiz
Will try now and see what happens, but I think that the "bug" of the wrong values in wccf mentioned above is something that I can't fix.. Can you have a look at it?

Edit: tried and the iso is significantly smaller, but now i don't have setup.exe so it doesn't work in windows.. Is it because i selected the optimise iso size i think..

more_horiz
carlese wrote:
but now i don't have setup.exe so it doesn't work in windows.. Is it because i selected the optimise iso size i think..

Yes, you must deactivate "Optimize ISO Size" to keep "setup.exe" Wink

more_horiz
Ok but if I deselect it, none of my windows apps (cortana, edge, mail and so on) gets removed.. That's really weird.. If I select it everything is ok except the setup.exe..

Could you split the ISO optimization and keep the needed files for windows installation (from setup.exe) while optimizing the ISO size?

I still have the bug of the wrong wccf values, this is the wccf I used where I manually changed the values (you can see the posts above to see what the wrong values are):

Using windows 10 home edition 64bit

more_horiz
Hey man don't forget about this please Sad Especially this:

Could you split the ISO optimization and keep the needed files for windows installation (from setup.exe) while optimizing the ISO size?

Cheers!

more_horiz
@winterstorm2050 tried deselecting automatic removing process and got this error when clicking on setup.exe:

"pls reconfigure your boot.wim file 2 use the flag 9 settings 4 the first image & restart your intallation. Error code 0x8030002F"

This is the wccf I used:

Please help Sad

more_horiz
Hello carlese,

I think you may need to keep those 2 components :
- "Optimizations - ISO - Boot - Clean Boot Wim"
- "Optimizations - ISO - Boot - Delete Unneeded Editions"

Let me know please.

I wish you to have a nice day !

more_horiz
It worked, now I have my ISO up and running great Very Happy

Edit: almost great.. Windows search is not working, I suspect it's either COrtana or Edge removal.. What should I try first? Very Happy

Edit 2: it was Cortana.. So cortana breaks windows search Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum