The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] [1.9.8.0] Does winreducer breaks cumulative update? Empty[ANSWERED] [1.9.8.0] Does winreducer breaks cumulative update?

more_horiz
Hi,

I haven't used this tool for quite a while. From my experience with the previous versions, removing almost any component at all would cause the installation of cumulative updates to fail, due to a corrupted component store, even when I don't enable "cleanup WinSxS". Doesn't matter how essential the removed components are, and I always enable "protect Windows Update". If I remember correctly, this is simply because how cumulative update works: they check for components, if they are not there, the update installation fail. 

However, I've seen in the changelog for version 1.9.7.0: "- FIX : Error with Windows Cumulative Updates installation using "Windows Updates" after Windows installation"

Does this mean I can remove anything I want now and updates would carry on as usual? NTLite has this feature starting from 1.4.0.5525, so I'm wondering if winreducer can do this too.

description[ANSWERED] [1.9.8.0] Does winreducer breaks cumulative update? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] [1.9.8.0] Does winreducer breaks cumulative update?

more_horiz
Hello,

Yes, the cumulative updates could be used with an installed WinReduced O.S. since v1.9.7.0 ... but take care to do not use "Optimizations - EXPERT - WinSxS Folder Cleanup (install.wim)" Wink

I wish you to have a nice day !

description[ANSWERED] [1.9.8.0] Does winreducer breaks cumulative update? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] [1.9.8.0] Does winreducer breaks cumulative update?

more_horiz
Thank you very much, I truly appreciate your great work!!!!!
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum