The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED][EX-100 - 1.9.3.0] [RS3 Build 16299.19] - Problem with understanding new privacy options Empty[ANSWERED][EX-100 - 1.9.3.0] [RS3 Build 16299.19] - Problem with understanding new privacy options

more_horiz
Hi@All

first of all, the winreducer update mechanism ( in v1.9.2.0 ) still told me, there is no new version. Don't know why, so I updated manually.

My problems in understanding are the new privacy features, for example "Privacy - Camera - Let apps use my camera (Disable)" Off/On.

Ok, lets see ... ignoring the "(Disable)" means, "Let apps use my camera" is set to OFF, so apps can not use my camera, right ?
So... "[size=13]Let apps use my camera (Disable)" set to OFF must be the opposite, so apps can use my camera - I think.
[/size]
[size=13]And set it to ON, means, apps can not use my camera ?[/size]

[size=13]Perplexing choises, double negative -> positve ... I think, or am I wrong ?[/size]

description[ANSWERED][EX-100 - 1.9.3.0] [RS3 Build 16299.19] - Problem with understanding new privacy options EmptyRe: [ANSWERED][EX-100 - 1.9.3.0] [RS3 Build 16299.19] - Problem with understanding new privacy options

more_horiz
Hello caphp,

caphp wrote:
the winreducer update mechanism ( in v1.9.2.0 ) still told me, there is no new version. Don't know why, so I updated manually.

The trouble with the new version detection has been solved few minutes ago ... thank you very much for having informed me Wink

caphp wrote:
And set it to ON, means, apps can not use my camera ?

You are correct on this point, this is exactly that ... in other words, put on "ON" status (a privacy component in EX-100) will disable the "Privacy" option in the "Settings" privacy tab once your system will be installed Wink

And for information, in v1.9.3.5 (VIP Closed Beta) and v1.9.4.0 (Stable) there will be some color improvements and orders lists changes in order to improve the "User Interface" and "User eXprience".

I wish you to have a nice day !

description[ANSWERED][EX-100 - 1.9.3.0] [RS3 Build 16299.19] - Problem with understanding new privacy options EmptyRe: [ANSWERED][EX-100 - 1.9.3.0] [RS3 Build 16299.19] - Problem with understanding new privacy options

more_horiz
hey winter, wouldnt it be better to invert the logic in winreducer? so

"Privacy - Camera - Let apps use my camera (Disable)" Off/On.

now disables this if set to ON, which is a bit irritating because of "Let apps use" "Disable" and On / OFF

remove the (Disable) so

"Privacy - Camera - Let apps use my camera" Off/On.

and when  set to ON the option will be on and to disable it set it to off

so it would mean "Let apps use" -> (no i dont want that) so OFF (disable it)

more_horiz
Ok, thanks for explanation Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum