The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] EX-100 - Windows could not complete the installation Empty[SOLVED] EX-100 - Windows could not complete the installation

more_horiz
Hi,
i'd always get error "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation".
screenshot :

fyi: installation untouched work fine !
so can anyone know what is the problem ??? and here's the
» 2017.10.18_EX100.v1.8.11.0_x86.wccf (10.9 KiB) : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
» 2017.10.18_EX100.v1.8.11.0_x86.dism.log (83.3 KiB) : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
» and WinReducerEX81.log
WinReducerEX81.v1.8.7.0-x86.log :

Thanks

description[SOLVED] EX-100 - Windows could not complete the installation EmptyRe: [SOLVED] EX-100 - Windows could not complete the installation

more_horiz
Hello home7ech Smile

First things to do is to update to the latest build available, which should be v1.9.0.0.

Then, try again to create your iso, and let us know Smile

description[SOLVED] EX-100 - Windows could not complete the installation EmptyRe: [SOLVED] EX-100 - Windows could not complete the installation

more_horiz
i'll tried latest build and let you know, soon as possible Wink

Thanks

more_horiz
Hi winterstorm2050 Smile
i've tried latest build (v1.9.0.0) and still get the same error :
"Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation".
so any other suggestions (like a minimal list of components that safely removed ???)
and here's the;
» 2017.10.20_EX100.v1.9.0.0_x64.wccf (10.9 KiB) : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
» 2017.10.20_EX100.v1.9.0.0_x64.dism.log (81.4 KiB) : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and
» WinReducerEX100.v1.9.0.0_x64.log :

Thanks

more_horiz
hi,

did yu try it with your TH1 iso? why not update to RS2 (or RS3 but RS3 does not work for me at the moment)

for a minimal wccf file you could try this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

more_horiz
Hi,

As I had (it seems to me) the same concern, I found that passing from:

Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Boot - Delete Unneeded Editions" Selected="true" /
Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Windows - Delete Unneeded Editions" Selected="true" /

to

Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Boot - Delete Unneeded Editions" Selected="false" /
Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Windows - Delete Unneeded Editions" Selected="false" /

to solve my problem.

Except... the size of the iso isn't the same at all.
Waiting for a better solution...

more_horiz
hello,
yes i did tried with TH1 esd, i'm planning to do update to 16299.15.170928-1534.rs3_release,
but i'll still working out to find a suitable preset for my PC from Basic_Config_Win10_by_KrX wccf file ???

Thanks...

more_horiz
More precisely :

with

Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Boot - Delete Unneeded Editions" Selected="true" /
Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Windows - Delete Unneeded Editions" Selected="true" /

le résultat :

[SOLVED] EX-100 - Windows could not complete the installation 9k=

more_horiz
It seems the trouble is in "Element Category="Services" :
here's the list :

can anyone know which component causing the trouble ?

and here's current working preset :

Thanks

more_horiz
hi,

get a look here:

i see HyperV in your above list which is reported in the second link, so maybe thats causing your problem

more_horiz
hey me again, you should try with the newest version. i removed everything in winreducer and had no problems during installation

more_horiz
HI,

For what it is:

[SOLVED] EX-100 - Windows could not complete the installation 9k=

The problem comes from the value of the "Serial Number" key: the RS2 key does not work with the RS3 version.

So by not filling in "Serial Number", everything went back to normal.

Thank you very much.

more_horiz
I don't understand why a key valid with RS2 will create such problem wih RS3
as I am with an electronic key I use the standard KeyWin10_Pro_x64 = VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T  not sure it is needed but at least the key is not requested during the instllation.
When Windows is ready the activation is honoured without any problem

more_horiz
maybe because I was using that key.

"W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX"

Unfortunately, my technical knowledge is not very high, and I don't know how to explain the phenomenon.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

Just for information, during a Windows Installation you need to take care about :
- the edition you choose to customize
- and if you have the correct serial number for the edition you choose

It's even more important if you are using an unattended file : you need to be sure to launch the correct edition for the setup installation, with the correct serial number (otherwise the setup shows an error) ...

In WinReducer, there is no trouble with this part, because WinReducer creates the your unattended file by automatically selecting the correct edition for the Setup, so the only things, to take care about, is : do you have the correct serial number.

Cheers

more_horiz
here's my NEW working preset,
» [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  * 2017.10.24_WREX100.v1.9.0.0_x64_Desktop.wccf (10.9 KiB)
  * boot.wim size 196 MB (205.998.591 bytes)
  * install.wim size 1,40 GB (1.513.917.826 bytes)
    --> delete winRE.wim manually ffter Mount or Before Saving WiM/iSO File
  * Installation : Work Fine !

fyi: i'd still curious which component causing the trouble Question

Thanks

more_horiz
hi everyone, i assumed and narrowing the causing the trouble :
- <"BranchCache Service (Remove) --> (Disable)" />
- <"Telephony Service (Remove) --> (Manual)" />
- <"WLAN AutoConfig Service (Remove) --> (Manual)" />
- <"WWAN AutoConfig Service (Remove) --> (Manual)" />
fyi: removing those component not significantly reduce the wim size...

here's my NEW working preset (the best i can do to reducing TH1 wim size),
» [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  * 2017.10.25_WREX100.v1.9.0.0_x64_Working_Desktop..wccf (10.9 KiB)
    #: 1,60 GB (1.728.296.822 bytes) [24 Files, 11 Folders] --> ExtractedByWinReducer folder
    #:  196 MB (  205.999.267 bytes) [#_EX100.v1.9.0.0.x64_boot.wim]
    #: 1,40 GB (1.509.397.090 bytes) [#_EX100.v1.9.0.0.x64_install.wim]
    --> delete winRE.wim manually After Mount or Before Saving WiM/iSO File
    --> keep or not remove "Accessories" - "Windows Recovery Environment"
  * Installation : Work Fine !

now i'll try with "16299.15.170928-1534.rs3_release"

Thanks for your suggestion

more_horiz
@ElChoclo and Jpm

the problem with the serial numer:

im not 100% sure but to me i get the feeling that some remoevd component is "breaking" my key.

im 100% sure that the key im using activates my windows, also it workes during installation when i just removed 7 of those 8 editions in my iso. but at some point i get the same problem as you here:

im searching for another bug at the moment but i will definitly test this out, too.

more_horiz
i had tested EX-100.v1.9.1.0_x86 with "16299.15.170928-1534.rs3_release" and the installation work fine
for wccf file can be found in here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[SOLVED] EX-100 - Windows could not complete the installation 2017_110

Thanks Smile

more_horiz
Hello home7ech,

Thanks for the report ... I think we may consider it has solved Smile

more_horiz
Hi everyone,
fyi i'll be reporting that it is solved to, but winterstorm2050 already considering it solved...
so thanks for the participation and suggestion, Wink

in addition i'd finally assumed removing "WLAN AutoConfig Service" and "Work Folders Service"
component causing the trouble with "10240.16384.150709-1700.th1_release"

Code:

<Element Category="Services" Name="WLAN AutoConfig Service" Selected="true" Value="5" />
<Element Category="Services" Name="WWAN AutoConfig Service" Selected="true" Value="5" />

so i'd keep "WLAN AutoConfig Service" and "Work Folders Service" then changed to Manual

Code:

<Element Category="Services" Name="WLAN AutoConfig Service" Selected="true" Value="3" />
<Element Category="Services" Name="WWAN AutoConfig Service" Selected="true" Value="3" />

fyi: removing those component not significantly reduce the wim size...

about serial number is not requested during the installation like Jpm said (TH1: do it later or can be skipped)
Also i added a file "ei.cfg" to the sources folder with this content, (tested on RS3.x86 Work Fine)
Code: :

»  WinReducerEX100_2017.10.27-23.45.17TH1-WORKiNG.wccf.7z, (11.0 KiB),
  * [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
»  WinReducerEX100_2017.10.27-23.45.17TH1-WORKiNG.dism.log.7z, (272 KiB),
» WinReducerEX100_2017.10.27-16.32.56_TH1-FAiLED.wccf.7z, (11.0 KiB),
» WinReducerEX100_2017.10.27-16.32.56_TH1-FAiLED.dism.log.7z, (272 KiB),
Known Issues on WinReducerEX100.log for "10240.16384.150709-1700.th1_release :

maybe with the newest version ("rs3_release") then removed everything (or use my preset) in winreducer and had no problems during installation like KrX said,

Cheers Smile

privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum