The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Cannot start program Empty[ANSWERED] Cannot start program

more_horiz
I tried yesterday to run the program and got an error screen saying 'This application could not be started'. The information looks like a net framework error. I then tried later in the day and it worked. Today I am back to the error again. What would cause this error?

description[ANSWERED] Cannot start program EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Cannot start program

more_horiz
hello,

- do you use as your running system an winreduced system?
- do you have net framework installed (not sure if 3.5 is exactly needed if a higher version is installed)
- did you look what the log file is saying? WinReducerEX100_x64\HOME\SOFTWARE\LOG

description[ANSWERED] Cannot start program EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Cannot start program

more_horiz
The system is not winreduced. Has all features installed.
Net Framework is enabled/installed and tested working with netfx_setupverifier.exe
There is no log at that location. I think the error happens before a log is generated.

I tried again this morning with same error. Error says there are Shim errors (see below)
I have attached the error and the information that pops up after responding 'yes'

[ANSWERED] Cannot start program Wr110
[ANSWERED] Cannot start program Wr210

more_horiz
And yes, NET Framework is enabled. I have plenty of other programs that use NET Framework and they all run fine.

more_horiz
Maybe a clue is that I have had WinReducer running previouly and it froze building an ISO so I restarted the computer. This happened twice and the error started happening after the restarts. Never got an ISO to complete. I did delete the folder and reinstall WinReducer, but maybe there are some elements in the registry or elsewhere I don't know about that need deleting also.

more_horiz
helllo,

normally there arent any things in the registry from winreducer, since it is an portable software.

hmm i cant really says much about that, but could you take a picture of the windows features windows (expanded). im just curious if net framework 2.0/3.0 etc are enabled or just net framwork 4.6 (or 4.7)

more_horiz
[ANSWERED] Cannot start program Wr310
[ANSWERED] Cannot start program Wr410
[ANSWERED] Cannot start program Wr510
[ANSWERED] Cannot start program Wr610

more_horiz
[ANSWERED] Cannot start program Wr710

more_horiz
No answers? Well here is another thing that the error generates. A remote web exception (see pic)[ANSWERED] Cannot start program Wr810

more_horiz
I just tried to run the 32 bit version and that comes up with the same error. Be advised, I have used Winreducer this previously on this system with no issues, but the Windows 10 version was recently bumped to version 15063.632 which has also caused a few other disturbing changes such as some programs will no longer auto start. Has anyone tried to run Winreducer on 15063.632?

Also I have been using NTlite which works fine, never in live mode. But I like the features of Winreducer more.

more_horiz
dcol wrote:
I just tried to run the 32 bit version and that comes up with the same error. Be advised, I have used Winreducer previously on this system with no issues, but the Windows 10 version was recently bumped to version 15063.632 which has also caused a few other disturbing changes such as some programs will no longer auto start. Has anyone tried to run Winreducer on 15063.632?

Also I have been using NTlite which works fine, never in live mode. But I like the features of Winreducer more.

more_horiz
Hello dcol Smile

Have you tried to use the "Features" tab in "add/remove programs" to disable net framework 3.5 and 4.6 ... restart your computer ... then reactivate net frameworks.

Unfortunately, this seems to be related to your system .... maybe the .632 update messed up net framework in your operating system.

Please let me know if that solves your trouble.

EDIT : if you need I may provide you installation files for net framework 4.7.

more_horiz
Ok, here is what I did. Removed Net Framework via Programs and Features. Restarted. When it came up, it prompted me to install NET Framework 3.5. It successfully installed. Restarted. No longer asks to install NET Framework. Ran WinReducer. Same errors.

Then I inserted a previouly setup WinUSB stick that runs Windows 10 from USB. I updated to version 15063.632. Ran WinReducer and it worked. So there is something in my OS that won't allow WinReducer to run but doesn't seem to affect anything else. Next I will try a reinstall keeping all files intact.

more_horiz
A reinstall did not work either, so I had to do a fresh install and now everything is working. Thank goodness I keep all my programs on the D drive so it makes it not too bad to reinstall. A recommendation for anyone running Windows 10. Takes me 2 hours to do. This is a huge system with hundreds of programs. Something was definitely fudged up. Now my auto start also works. Thanks for the great work on this project.

more_horiz
[UPDATE} Changed the WinReducer program priority from normal to high in task manager and that greatly improved the performance. Loaded ISO in under 3 minutes, did a build of 265 items under 15 minutes, and created the ISO in one minute. That was the only change I made.
So maybe some tweaking to the program is needed to increase the speed on some systems.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum