The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionSniping Tool not working even if keeping magnifier EmptySniping Tool not working even if keeping magnifier

more_horiz
Using the latest WinReducer EX100, latest Windows 10 build, tested both x86 x64 architecture, even if keeping magnifier, snipping tool still won't work.

I have been trying to make the smallest Windows 10 VM just for testing browsers, the successful build will post, just snipping tool not working.
With or without expert or/and winsxs cleanup same outcome.
Some MUI files and registry must have been deleted during the removal process. Had tried to copy and put back some MUI files manually but still doesn't work.

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--File generated with a WinReducer Software created by Winterstorm2050 from www.winreducer.net-->
<Packages>
  <WinReducerEX>100</WinReducerEX>
  <Version>v1.8.6.0</Version>
  <Date>7/10/2017 3:25:05 PM</Date>

Sniping Tool not working even if keeping magnifier Untitl11

descriptionSniping Tool not working even if keeping magnifier EmptyRe: Sniping Tool not working even if keeping magnifier

more_horiz
hi, did you remove any of the Mobile PC components?

normally snipping tool should work even if other components are removed, so its probably a bug.

which version of windows10 did you use? RS2 ?

descriptionSniping Tool not working even if keeping magnifier EmptyRe: Sniping Tool not working even if keeping magnifier

more_horiz
yes RS2. I had removed mobile components. I recalled mobile components can be removed too in Windows 7 and Sniping Tool still works.

So it could be a bug, some essential MUI files was removed causing Sniping Tool to stop working.

I managed to make a bootable working Windows 7 x64 VM of 2.1GB (with only Sniping Tool, Calculator, Notepad, Paint ) but Windows 10 x64 VM minimum is 4.0 GB with just Notepad app, and Sniping Tool is not working. Do you know what is taking the extra 2GB that cannot be removed?

more_horiz
Hmm thats odd, i also did a RS2 iso some days ago with nearly 90% of all components removed and my iso is just 1.64GB

also snipping tool is working for me but i used an german iso

more_horiz
I am not saying the iso size, i am referring the virtual machine's installed size... I use VM Player, the virtual disk file is in vmdk extension, for Windows 7 I get 2.1GB, for Windows 10 I get over 4GB.. for iso size I get Windows 7 x64 under 750MB, Windows 10 x64 1.1GB. I just don't know why the installed size is much bigger for Windows 10.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum