The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionFreezing computer while running WIM to ESD Conversion even with i7 6770K and 64GB RAM EmptyFreezing computer while running WIM to ESD Conversion even with i7 6770K and 64GB RAM

more_horiz
The converter freezes computer while running WIM to ESD Conversion on Windows 10 64 bit even with i7 6770K and 64GB RAM,

I had run Prime95 both large and small FFT tests for 10 hours and computer never freezes, so it is not hardware related.

But if I let it freezes and just come back after an hour, the conversion will be completed.

I would suggest in the next build, add a option to set how many CPU cores / threads will be used. So at least one core /thread will be available to host OS and won't freeze computer.

Right now I would run a VM, limit the number of CPU cores available to the VM then run the converter without freezing the host OS.

descriptionFreezing computer while running WIM to ESD Conversion even with i7 6770K and 64GB RAM EmptyRe: Freezing computer while running WIM to ESD Conversion even with i7 6770K and 64GB RAM

more_horiz
Hello,

Could you please tell me :
- which running version of windows are you using when you have the freezing bug ?
- which Wim Converter version are you using : x86 or x64 ?
- and did you disable the Paging File ?

Thanks for your report !

descriptionFreezing computer while running WIM to ESD Conversion even with i7 6770K and 64GB RAM EmptyRe: Freezing computer while running WIM to ESD Conversion even with i7 6770K and 64GB RAM

more_horiz
Windows 10 x64, latest version (had used an older version of Windows 10 a few months back, same issue), 1 GB Page File

more_horiz
I assume you are using "ES - Wim Converter" x64, but have you tried with the x86 version ?
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum