The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

Smallest Win10 ever?

+7
CreativiTea
Geekster
dim
Nuky
KrX
ReactOS-Lite
adrian2055
11 posters

descriptionSmallest Win10 ever? EmptySmallest Win10 ever?

more_horiz
Hello everyone,

I found a version of windows 10 called "Windows 10 Extreme Lite x64 2.4.1" from this site:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The 64-Bit version is only 741 MB which is amazing! While testing it out I noticed that it doesn't have Internet explorer which I actually need. I would like use WinReducer10 to make a similar version of this iso that has internet explorer. Is this possible?

descriptionSmallest Win10 ever? EmptyRe: Smallest Win10 ever?

more_horiz
Really interesting, is it really possible to remove 32bit support?. I use 99% apps that is x64 so i would gladly destroy 32bit support to make it even more lite as 32bit is becoming more ancient with every year.

more_horiz
is 741 mb the iso/ wim or installation size ? if its the iso size my iso is smaller Razz

more_horiz
It's just the iso size. I think it's a 5GB installation. Now the real question is can you share your knowledge with us so we can make an even smaller Win 10 install? LOL

more_horiz
hi,

sure thats what i always do. i use winreducer as base and after that i got several batch files which remove even more. i always update them and send those to winterstorm so he can use them to improve winreducer.

i would upload them for you here but im currently moving to a new flat and cant find my power cord for my NAS .... haha. i will upload them as soon as posible

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
hi,

sure thats what i always do. i use winreducer as base and after that i got several batch files which remove even more. i always update them and send those to winterstorm so he can use them to improve winreducer.

i would upload them for you here but im currently moving to a new flat and cant find my power cord for my NAS .... haha. i will upload them as soon as posible

Did you find the cable? I'm curious to see the configuration file

more_horiz
Have in mind that win10 support on the fly lzx compression: CompactOS

I use wimlib that has even better algorithms than Microsoft.
Without .NET, and no any other thorough deep clean, just what reducer offers, i managed to as low as 1.3 G installed system, along with all drivers, even the bloated nvidia, included.
If there is a way to ditch 32bit support i would love to know.

more_horiz
Wait.  How did this guy's original question get so off topic?  His question was very simple:

I would like use WinReducer10 to make a similar version of this iso that has internet explorer. Is this possible?

And the answer is a very simple NO.  End of question and end of topic  LOL   The bottom line Adrian is this.  And I'm throwing this hypothetical out to you to answer your question.  You can not even take an ISO that you created with WREXxxx no mater the version......... and further reduce it.  Will WREX do it.  Yes.  And I've done this and it certainly appears to work.  Until you try to do an install and that is even iffy getting it to go that far but I can assure you that somewhere along the line something is going to be broke or is going to be break.

I wasn't trying to be rude but when I start reading a thread that gets totally of course and I get confused then I have to stop the train wreck and speak up.  

Anyway Adrian please don't try further reducing anything that is reduced.  Even here somewhere I know WinterStorm has written on that very subject and he broke me of a very bad habit of trying that bag of failed tricks.

Geekster

aka Steve

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
is 741 mb the iso/ wim or installation size ? if its the iso size my iso is smaller Razz

I think it would be interesting keeping this thread up. And, I also think that sharing presets is really important, to exactly know what can be done with WinReducer and what can't be done. There is so much knowledge that we need, but that there isn't (given that every other thread that deals with reducing and optimization is now dead). So please, anyone able to make such a little ISO, please help us. Smile Thanks.

CT

more_horiz
i think im removing a lot of stuf and it works with everything i do, even more than the extreme preset. i remove nearly everything in winreducer and use also other tools to remove stuff manually (and there is still more to remove but i cant find the time to search it all)

more_horiz
I need the Win10 lite version for my daily use!

more_horiz
Hello has someone the iso? The Link is dead [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or who one so nice could make me a Windows Home ISO, where everything is away from the unwanted should on LattePanda 2GB RAM.

very thx

more_horiz
?????

more_horiz
Hello Spartan1333 Smile

Have you tried to create your ISO using EX-100 with a wccf I provide in the website : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

By creating your own ISO, you will be sure to have a clean ISO (you download an official non modified iso then you will customize it to fit your needs) ... because unfortunately there is always a risk with downloaded customized ISO I don't know where in internet.

If you need help let us know Smile

I wish you to have a great day !

more_horiz
Hello winterstorm2050

Thx yes i have it with EX-100 but the iso
did not get smaller?

Can you me Help Win 10 to remove big ram Eater?

e.g. Cortana use 200 MB
Delete all that is unimportant and Windows does not need

Thx

more_horiz
Just download this wccf from this link : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The wccf is a direct link from the website wccf page I gave you in previous post.

Then you just have to load it in EX-100 ... and apply the changes. You will have the same configuration as me ...of course this depends on your computer components.

more_horiz
Hi winterstorm2050

I have it downloaded, can you me make a wccf where that Start Menu, Action Center, and Explorer go again?
e.g. I need that Bluetooth.

I have post a Picture what I mean [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very Thx

more_horiz
Hello Saprtan1333 Smile

I tried to create a new wccf (based on the laptop wccf with wifi) I added your requests provided by your screenshot and the bluetooth support (which is experimental) ... could you please let me know how it works for you ... thanks.

Here is the download link : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wish you to have great day !

more_horiz
Hi winterstorm2050

Very thx but it work not. no Start Menu, Action Center, and Explorer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can you me activate the Screen Keyboard.

more_horiz
Mastering Winreducer requires a lot of time and patience. Nobody can do that for you. I think I needed half a year and countless runs. Even today I am sometimes frustrated. But in the end it was always worth it!

more_horiz
Hello Spartan Smile

I just tried in VMware Player and everything is working as intended with the wccf I provided you.

The wccf I gave you is a starting point ... so with it, you will be able to select/deselect components to remove or keep ... to create your own customized operating system made by you Smile

As Hanyo said, at some point you will need to test by yourself to get more experience, with each try, using all EX-100 customization possibilities. There is the EX-100 help forum you can use to ask your questions about EX-100 components dependencies.

I wish you all to have great day !

Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum