The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[IMPLEMENTED] [EX-100 - v0.9.13.0] Splitting Windows Update Service Empty[IMPLEMENTED] [EX-100 - v0.9.13.0] Splitting Windows Update Service

more_horiz
Related to this topic:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Code:

the "problem" in short. after removing windows update service, the function to download drivers (from windows update) from device managment is broken. as it was working in windows 7 after removing the update service i wanted it also to work in windows 10

ok after a really looot of testing i found all registry keys (286 keys + subkeys in total)

here are the registry keys:

##################

WINDOWS UPDATE SERVICE:

those 2 files are also needed:

Windows\System32\wuaueng.dll
Windows\System32\wups.dll

######################

Background Intelligent Transfer Service:

registry entries :

Files.

BitsProxy.dll

######################

so my request would be to split the Windows Update Service (also Background Intelligent Transfer Service) into two parts. Once those files and the registry tweaks, maybe called something like "Windows Update Driver Download Service" and the normal windows update service (also Background Intelligent Transfer Service) which removes all the files/registry keys it now does (without those mentioned here)

for the automatic removing feature, it should not remove the download service when windows update service or Background Intelligent Transfer Service is removed.

All in one Package:

description[IMPLEMENTED] [EX-100 - v0.9.13.0] Splitting Windows Update Service EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] [EX-100 - v0.9.13.0] Splitting Windows Update Service

more_horiz
ok it seems when only removing windows update service from an fresh untouched iso and adding them back it works, but when i remove everything with winreducer and add them back it does not work.

so i will do soon more tests

edit: it seems its is Background Intelligent Transfer Service

description[IMPLEMENTED] [EX-100 - v0.9.13.0] Splitting Windows Update Service EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] [EX-100 - v0.9.13.0] Splitting Windows Update Service

more_horiz
i updated the first post with all files and registry entries from Background Intelligent Transfer Service

more_horiz
i updated the first post and uploaded an all in one package.

it contains all 3 files and i combined all 300+ registry values into only 2 registry files.

so its easier to look through and import them

more_horiz
ADDED in v0.9.14.0 !

Hello,

Thank you very much KrX for the huge sharing Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum