The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v0.9.8.0] [TH2 Build] Missing components. Empty[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v0.9.8.0] [TH2 Build] Missing components.

more_horiz
Hi.

One or more components are in conflict with the installation of Windows 10 when removed.
When these updates installed on my running Windows they worked fine. Can anybody help me finding out which components are conflicting with the setup of Windows?

Thanks,

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v0.9.8.0] [TH2 Build] Missing components. EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v0.9.8.0] [TH2 Build] Missing components.

more_horiz
hi,

an wccf file would be usefull. also what i would recommend is to wait till winter releases the new version today.

he said that he checked all components at the REMOVE tab and there werent any problems

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v0.9.8.0] [TH2 Build] Missing components. EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v0.9.8.0] [TH2 Build] Missing components.

more_horiz
That's fine. Maybe somebody already had found some new results concerning this. I will wait for the new version and will try some builds. Thanks.

more_horiz
Back again... Tried the same simple basic build again and now the setup says... "Due to a corrupted installation file setup cannot continue" or something like that.

Still think the updates checks for random components if they are present or modified. This is strange that the setup cannot continue if there are some non related components removed.

I am not going to check every component again for which one is the problem. Did that before and it took me a few days to find everything.

Will be back next year to try again.

more_horiz
Hello,

KrX is right, if you are able to share a link or send it by email, your wccf is a precious information in order to test it to know if it's a reproducible bug.

I wish you to have a nice day !

more_horiz
Service - Diagnostic Policy Service killing installation file.
It shows Due to a corrupted installation file setup cannot continue" or something like that after first reboot in installation.
Same in latest WinReducer.

more_horiz
Hello,

Thank you very much for your report ... this is perfect Smile

I will test, and solve it in the next version Wink

I wish you to have a nice day !

more_horiz
SOLVED in v0.9.11.0 !

Hello,

This bug was also reported with RS1 : LINK

I tested the component with v0.9.11.0, and the error do not show up any more, I will release v0.9.11.0 in few hours.

Thank you very much for your report !

more_horiz
Nice to hear. Any way winterstorm2050 can you remove also countdown timer on startup (back to the past Wink )?

more_horiz
Hi.

Seems that the problem is solved in the new version but I still get the corrupt setup error message. I only removed the following to test.

Features
- Hyper-V

Remover
- Drivers
- Hyper-V (All)
- Keyboards
- (All)
- Languages
Included - Language Pack Support
- Modern UI Apps
- Bing (All)
- Zune (All)
- Multimedia
- Windows Media Center

If it helps in anyway I am running Winreducer from Windows 7 x64.

more_horiz
hi, i tested also the newest version of winreducer 10 together with RS1 on my windows 7 x64 and i got no problems

if you want here is my wccf file:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i think i also removed all those components you mentioned, exept the US keyboard (since it caused problems in earlier versions, and i didnt test if it is fixed now)

more_horiz
Hello Smile

I tried all the components you mentioned in an iso, and I'm like KrX, I did not experienced installation troubles.

Are you using the latest EX-100 version ?

Have you tried in a virtual machine ?

Maybe you could try this solution provided by expanium : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

more_horiz
Hi.

I am using the english version of windows 10 so the us keyboard is not selectable to be removed. I am going to try a rs1 build myself. Like you said that will work. I will comeback to that later. Using a Lite windows 7 with winreducer. Maybe it is a compatability issue with the software. Some testing and we will see.

Thanks.

more_horiz
Hello,

Tested the same settings this time but also with rs1 and it worked fine during setup. What the problem is when using th2, I do not know. Earlier version worked and I believe the removed components are not any issue.

With 0.9.8.0. I did have the cancelation of windows setup because of the anniversary update but that can be found. Maybe it has something to do with the new removal engine. Just guessing...

Thanks.

Update. Oops. I was wrong. Started a vmware setup just before I went to work. In the 'getting ready' screen I get 'configure one or more system components' error message. Removed only the same components as before and added the rs1 updates for integration.

I forgot to remove the th2 serial key from the wccf when I moved to rs1. Just loaded the profile back in again. That is hopefully it this time.

Update. Nope. Was not the key. Tried again with same error message. What to do next...

more_horiz
Hello,

I'm working on a big "Features" components improvements for the next build, so when it will be available could you please test it. Thank you.

more_horiz
That is fine. I will test it when it is released. This week i have a few extra days off from work so I can spend some extra time into buildiing something new. Hopefully the setup errors are gone.

Thanx.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum