The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Windows 7 updates  Empty[ANSWERED] Windows 7 updates

more_horiz
WinReducerEX70_x64 v1.5.2.0 Build 1493 / 160906-1818

Why is it Winreducer only downloads and updates the ISO with 76 updates when we all know there are over 240 windows 7 updates? Did i miss something?

I finally got it to work but am confused about this.....its the one main reason I wanted to learn this, to avoid the dreaded updates install / slow download from MS to get the system updated. Please explain to me why the preinstallation only downloads minimal updates or better yet......tell  me i did something wrong ? lol........and how to fix it?

Wait......I think i just realized why........duh!! because I took out a lot of things that are in the full ISO? But are we sure that the updates MS puts out does not have many different parts to the update that I might need?

description[ANSWERED] Windows 7 updates  EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Windows 7 updates

more_horiz
no.....i was wrong, windows update  is telling me I need 35 important updates and 6-7 optional. Why?
and no its not the 30+ language updates. I excluded them.

more_horiz
help? Winterstorm?  KRX ?

more_horiz
didnt you get my Email from yesterday?

about your updates. it could be possible that those updates cant be integrated. maybe they are not offline updates so its not possible to integrated them with dism (microsoft tool)

it could also be that some of those updates are not integrated in the winreducer update cataloge and winter maybe missed them

it could also be that some updates are skipped because of some reason

more_horiz
Hello guys,

takitezsdc wrote:
Why is it Winreducer only downloads and updates the ISO with 76 updates when we all know there are over 240 windows 7 updates? Did i miss something?

Because Microsoft have made many changes and especially regroup almost all previous ISO in 1 pack, released in May 2016 ... they try to deploy the same updates system as in Windows 10 in all other Windows Operating systems.

So there is a big update, then few other updates left compared to what happens before Wink

takitezsdc wrote:
no.....i was wrong, windows update  is telling me I need 35 important updates and 6-7 optional. Why?
and no its not the 30+ language updates. I excluded them.

This is maybe an integration bug ... I have to look at this for the end of the week, because the new updates catalog will be available Wink

more_horiz
Winter Look at this page.it might help with this, integrate the UpdatePack7R2 to win7Reducer? and other.....there is some good info there. Updatepack7R
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum