The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionEX-100 - features I would consider to be great EmptyEX-100 - features I would consider to be great

more_horiz
Hey,
first of all I would like to say how great winreducer is, it is so far the best solution to create useful windows deployments.

There are a few points I would consider very useful though.

1.) Possibility to add entries to the hosts file
 2.) Possibility to add firewall entries
 3.) Possibility to preinstall apps
 4.) Possibility to add language packs (gui )
 5.) Possibility to create AIO Isos, such as using one preset for more than one windows version, and as       well having an option to chose multiple presets while the installation process, while keeping the iso       as small as possible.

If some of these points are already possible, impossible to implement, or whatever, feel free to comment.

descriptionEX-100 - features I would consider to be great EmptyRe: EX-100 - features I would consider to be great

more_horiz
Hello,

Thanks for your feedback Smile

1) OK
2) OK
3) OK
4) OK
5) OK for AIO iso
5) OK for one preset to use to reduce several editions in the same ISO

But I'm not sure to correctly understand the last part of the point 5 : " and as well having an option to chose multiple presets while the installation process, while keeping the iso as small as possible".

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

descriptionEX-100 - features I would consider to be great EmptyRe: EX-100 - features I would consider to be great

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:

But I'm not sure to correctly understand the last part of the point 5 : " and as well having an option to chose multiple presets while the installation process, while keeping the iso as small as possible".

No worries, i actually was a bit afraid that this 5th point could be unclear, i am not a native English speaker, sorry.
But I will try it a bit more detailed:

So the 5th point is more like 2 actually, but they are kind of similar:

The first one ( which i think you have understood ) is simply a way to load multiple windows editions, like Enterprise, Professional, and Home ( of course all the same build numbers ) to get a reduced AIO iso.
i dont know if you have ever dealt with AIO isos, but when you install windows, you can chose between the editions.
Of course that might cause problems, due the fact that the different editions have different features, so that there might be settings in win reducer that are not equal for all of them.

The other Idea is the following:
Different system might make differently reduced versions of an windows installation necessary.
Fe. on a Surface, StickyNotes is more useful then on a traditional Workstation.
Probably, you would like to have Edge on one pc, on another you would like to remove it.
Now I am thinking about a way to combine multiple presets in one iso, so that as soon you install windows, you have a menu which lets you choose between multiple reduced versions of windows to install.
Like fe.:

Choose between these different windows configurations:

Configuration 1
Configuration 2
Configuration 3
etc.

Of course the iso should not become much bigger.

The reason why i put these 2 subpoints into one is that i would consider it to be ideal if these 2 could be combined as well.

So like an AIO iso with multiple editions of build of windows and multiple comfigurations.
But probably thats not even possible.

more_horiz
OK, thanks Wink

5.1 - This will not be a big deal to add, because WinReducer integrates components detection before removing them.

5.2 - Yes, got it Smile This is an interesting idea, a same edition with different wccf regrouped in an AIO ISO !

I need to dig these 2 interesting ideas because they are innovative options to create customized ISO !

Thank you Smile

more_horiz
Hey winterstorm,
Have you ever thought about integrating VM services into WinReducer?
I know this would be a huge development step, but I always thought it could help to customize a windows installation even more and make it more comfortable, because some adaptions could be made in the system itself and be seen immediately and after being acceptable saved in an installation Iso.

more_horiz
Dr Phil Perlmutter wrote:
Hey winterstorm,
Have you ever thought about integrating VM services into WinReducer?
I know this would be a huge development step, but I always thought it could help to customize a windows installation even more and make it more comfortable, because some adaptions could be made in the system itself and be seen immediately and after being acceptable saved in an installation Iso.

you mean using sysprep in an VM and after that "convert" the VM into wim file?

if yes im currently programing such an tool because it will save a lot of time for me if i install all updates in a VM and just create a WIM file. (convert i.e. a VDI file to VHD, install VHD Drivers if removed by winreducer, Mount VHD file and capure it into a wim file)

but since i dont got much time, the Project is still at the beginning, for now it is just converting an i.e. VDI file to an VHD file

more_horiz
Hi KrX,
that is kind of what i mean.
I mean some of the ideas I posted before, would be kind of self explainable by setting them up in the system itself, while it could get really confusing in WinReducer itself, the more settings are added.

more_horiz
winter please don't forget to fix High DPI font (issue is on zoom bigger than 100%).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum