The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v0.9.5.0] [RS1 Build 14393.51] Settings not working Empty[ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v0.9.5.0] [RS1 Build 14393.51] Settings not working

more_horiz
Hi guys, I have a big bug to report Very Happy . Here the preset: http://pastebin.com/0w3xnKJz

I have slimmed down an Win10 Anniversary Update copy (with added 2 big updates now it's 14393.51).
And amazingly it worked out well. (I expected that the installation did not go through or that some files were missing).

I know that we are still in alpha stage, but I really wanted to see how it would be Windows 10 without all the bloatware: well it all works wonderfully except the settings and all part meter introduced by Windows 8. Is there any software that allows me to manage Windows settings anyway?

description[ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v0.9.5.0] [RS1 Build 14393.51] Settings not working EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v0.9.5.0] [RS1 Build 14393.51] Settings not working

more_horiz
Hello,

Do not remove "Modern UI Apps - Immersive Control Panel" Wink

I will add the telemetry removing stuff in the next builds Wink

description[ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v0.9.5.0] [RS1 Build 14393.51] Settings not working EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v0.9.5.0] [RS1 Build 14393.51] Settings not working

more_horiz
It worked. Now I have changed my preset (http://pastebin.com/8RmU93C5) and I have some doubts:

1) Preparing your desktop takes a lot time. Why?
2) dmw.exe aka Desktop Manager Windows takes much ram (about 50-80 mb in Wmware Player). I disabled Themes services but it doesn't decrease. Is there a option to disable it?
3) Position Settings crashes always
4) It could possible to manage Group Editor Settings directly from WinReducer? So it's possible manage many settings Smile

Thanks very much for developing this wonderful software  Very Happy

more_horiz
2) im not sure if you can disable it, because it manages live preview, aero effect and as i think also explorer windows

Does Switching to the Vista Basic Theme Turn it Off?
The short answer is no, just switching to the Vista Basic theme will not turn off DWM, but it will reduce the memory usage a great deal.

So How Do I Turn dwm.exe Off Then?
Note that I don’t recommend turning this off unless you are playing games in fullscreen mode, and even then it likely won’t help increase speed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

more_horiz
I explain it: I want install Win10 reduced in an Asus 1001px that has only 1 Gb of ram and it can drastically decrese its performance. Now i use it only for browsing in internet, so for me it's not necessary. I tried to move it from system32 folder to desktop but at reboot it stucks at desktop lol. It's a setting in Group Editor Settings (gpedit.msc). But I can't activate it because i'm using a Home Edtion. So the only way it seem modify the registry. However i seach on google Smile Thank you for the reply.
Can you reply at other questions please?

more_horiz
Nunzyo92 wrote:
It worked. Now I have changed my preset (http://pastebin.com/8RmU93C5) and I have some doubts:

1) Preparing your desktop takes a lot time. Why?
2) dmw.exe aka Desktop Manager Windows takes much ram (about 50-80 mb in Wmware Player). I disabled Themes services but it doesn't decrease. Is there a option to disable it?
3) Position Settings crashes always
4) It could possible to manage Group Editor Settings directly from WinReducer? So it's possible manage many settings Smile

Thanks very much for developing this wonderful software  Very Happy

1. for me it takes always the same time, something like 1 minute
2. see my last post.
3. the bug was already posted here and should be solved soon: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
4. im not sure how to do it or if its easy to do, but you could open a request in the request forum.

more_horiz
to 4)

Many of group editor settings refer to registry settings.
You can find them for example with these steps...

- download "Process Monitor" vom Microsoft
- start "Process Monitor"
- create following filter

Code:

Process Name     is    mmc.exe        Include
Operation            is    RegSetValue   Include

- apply filter
- open gpedit.msc and navigate to the setting you would like to use
- clear the list in "Process Monitor"
- execute the setting in group editor

If the setting belongs to a registry key, the result is shown in "Process Monitor".
Right click the finding, choose "Jump to..." and within the regitry editor you can export your key.

Import your *.reg file within winreducer and be happy Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum