The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[Solved] [EX-100 - v0.9.5.0] [RS1 Build 14393.00] Windows Update Service causing some problems Empty[Solved] [EX-100 - v0.9.5.0] [RS1 Build 14393.00] Windows Update Service causing some problems

more_horiz
hey winter,

when i just want to use the clean winsxs feature for install.wim the windows update service gets also removed and that caused probably some problems.

1. when i want to install a driver at device managment and i select the first option to automatically install a driver, it searches online to get it. after some seconds it says that the perfect driver is already installed. (when i dont remove this component, the driver is downloaded via windows update).

at windows 7 that driver download and installation still worked after removing winsxs (install.wim) and also removing windows update.

2. at the window to enable/disable features if i check net framework (2.0........) it also askes if i want to download it, and after some seconds it fails. even when the preset for protection the features is enabled.

when i got some more time i will try to find a bit more how to protect this features

description[Solved] [EX-100 - v0.9.5.0] [RS1 Build 14393.00] Windows Update Service causing some problems EmptyRe: [Solved] [EX-100 - v0.9.5.0] [RS1 Build 14393.00] Windows Update Service causing some problems

more_horiz
yep like i thought, windows update service is causing those 2 problems.

i will try to find the files that need to be kept

description[Solved] [EX-100 - v0.9.5.0] [RS1 Build 14393.00] Windows Update Service causing some problems EmptyRe: [Solved] [EX-100 - v0.9.5.0] [RS1 Build 14393.00] Windows Update Service causing some problems

more_horiz
Same problem here. I have protected windows update and did very safe build(with winsxs cleaning) but update not working.

more_horiz
Mesen wrote:
Same problem here. I have protected windows update and did very safe build(with winsxs cleaning) but update not working.

hey,

my problem is not that i want to keep windows update, i really want to remove it. but i want to keep the feature to download driver via windows updates at device manager, and also be able to enable, download and install net framework 2.0 at the feature window

both functions work at windows 7 when windows update is removed.

more_horiz
this 2 files are needed:

Windows\System32\wuaueng.dll
Windows\System32\wups.dll

and probably some registry values which i couldnt find till now

more_horiz
Hello,

Noted, thanks KrX !

more_horiz
ok after a really looot of testing i found all registry keys (286 keys + subkeys in total)

those 2 files are only needed:

Windows\System32\wuaueng.dll
Windows\System32\wups.dll

here are the registry keys:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i will mark this post as solved and i opend a request for this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum