The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionSome bugs EmptySome bugs

more_horiz
hey,

i got 2 bugs which, they never happend for me before so it could be new since the last version. when i remove  Display from Control panel (not the FILES, see below) and i click on Display from the right click menu at the desktop i get an error:

Some bugs Nhdx8yh5

<Element Category="Remove - Control Panels" Name="Control Panel - Display" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Control Panels" Name="Control Panel - Display (Files)" Selected="false" />

------------------------

exactly the same happens when i only remove Personalization (same error as above)

<Element Category="Remove - Control Panels" Name="Control Panel - Personalization" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Control Panels" Name="Control Panel - Personalization (Files)" Selected="false" />

i always removed them from control panel and never got this error.

descriptionSome bugs EmptyRe: Some bugs

more_horiz
hi,

it seems the registry values winreducer removes cause it, but adding them back than the shortcut is again shown at control panel.

----------

so i found this:

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-hide-show-specific-control-panel-applets-icons-in-windows/

i tried the solution with

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\don't load

but somehow it didnt work for me

descriptionSome bugs EmptyRe: Some bugs

more_horiz
hey winter,

could you merge those 2 components together so the context menu wont be broken?

Remove those 2:
Control Panel - Display
Control Panel - Personalization

and add them to this:

Control Panel - Personalization (Files)
Control Panel - Display (Files)
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum