The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Network shares not detected. Empty[ANSWERED] Network shares not detected.

more_horiz
Hi.

Shares are not shown on other devices. Not getting any problems setting anything up. Seems I am missing some key component to have full compatability.

The current status is as follows.

- Shares are shown fine on local pc.
- No network detection on my linux pc.
- ES File Manager (Android) detects the host network. When trying to connect it says 'server not found'.

Which components are a sure bet on a full accessable network setup?

Thanks.

description[ANSWERED] Network shares not detected. EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Network shares not detected.

more_horiz
Hello,

Maybe "Homegroup Services" ?

description[ANSWERED] Network shares not detected. EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Network shares not detected.

more_horiz
Thanks.

In my tiny build 'Homegroup Services' was not removed. Have made a new one with most basics removed and only standard services. Now network works again on android. No network discovery on my linux pc yet. Maybe linux doesn't recognize the default advanced network settings. Probably if I simplify the network settings it will work fine.

I was thinking if it could be possible to add a upload system within Winreducer. Just a simple form where users can fill in a issue with a component or a general problem with the current version of Winreducer they are using.

For example:

Component: -- Natural Languages. (List)
Affected: -- Edge. (List or Custom Program, action.)
Error: -- None.
Problem: -- Does not start.

Component: -- Windows Store.
Affected: -- Edge.
Error: -- wsclient.dll missing.
Problem: -- Does not start.

Then the program updates a list like this...

Component: -- Edge.
Needed:
-- Natural Languages.
-- Windows Store.
-- Etcetera.

Earlier I was thinking of starting a thread where I could summarize verified problems like this but it would be some work to keep it up-to-date.

Thanks again.

more_horiz
Hello,

I really like this idea ... I really have to think about this Smile

more_horiz
Can confirm that Windows network shares for folders aren't working anymore (build 0.7.3)
Beside that Network works fine.

wccf

Are ther any known dependencies?

more_horiz
Hello,

Please try to do not remove "Network - Sharing (Shell Extensions)".

Let me know, thank you.

more_horiz
Hi.

Thanks Winterstorm2050.

I am sure it wasn't 'Network - Sharing'. Never removed that one because it clearly says sharing for network. I want to keep that. Not yet sure what the problem was. Used the latest builds of Winreducer with the same presets and tweaked a little further. Think it was some kind of service like Homegroup listner or something. If someone has the same problem with the network then I will try to find what it was. For now my latest on works perfect.

As for the trouble shooting I posted some time ago. Could it be something that can be integrated within Winreducer?

Maybe when I have some free time this weekend I will see if I can start a thread with some kind of list where problems and solutions can be listed. Have to think about how to keep it clean and tidy.

Bye.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

Please try to do not remove "Network - Sharing (Shell Extensions)".

Let me know, thank you.

Hey Winterstorm. I don't have the earlier version of EX100. Just tried the 0.7.4 and it works now right of the box. Thank you and sorry for this inconvenience should know before.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum