The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

[SOLVED] WinReducerEX70 v1.4.x.x bugs

5 posters

description[SOLVED] WinReducerEX70 v1.4.x.x bugs Empty[SOLVED] WinReducerEX70 v1.4.x.x bugs

more_horiz
I just tried the new Winred version for Windows 7 and...
sorry, It simply doesn't work.
Same old installation problems... it cannot install ResHacker and SetACL, so you have to do it manually.
It cannot load presets files (crash).
The Features Tab is disabled (no settings allowed).
I read in the changelog the new engine is implemented but not active (sigh!).

Now, I can't wait anymore... I'll do my images with the old v1.1.10.0, but I have no intention to use that sh*t called Win10,
so please give us a decent Win7 tool.

Thanks.

description[SOLVED] WinReducerEX70 v1.4.x.x bugs EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducerEX70 v1.4.x.x bugs

more_horiz
downloading 7zip etc worked for me without problems, maybe it does not happen because i use a platinum version ?

the crash when loading an wccf file happens also to me, but only if i load an old wccf file which i created with an old version. when loading an wccf file created by 1.4.0.0 it works ( i will look later what entrie is causing it)

the features tab works for me, only some settings are grayed out (which arent part of my iso)

description[SOLVED] WinReducerEX70 v1.4.x.x bugs EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducerEX70 v1.4.x.x bugs

more_horiz
Hello guys,

1 - About the third-party software download, it works for me during my tests so this is really hard to reproduce.

2 - Before the release, I tried an old wccf (created by v1.1.5.0), and it worked without trouble ... so could you please send me a wccf which creates this error in order to solve it Smile

3 - Are you using an old WinReduced Windows 7 installation ? This is potentially a bug with an old WinReducer version during customization. Here is how to do, if you may do this :
- it should be better to use a virtual machine
- reinstall a complete windows 7 system
- launch WinReducer EX-70 latest version
- create a new wccf to customize your iso
- save your new wccf
- then apply all changes 

4 - Yes, the new removing engine will be deployed but not active, because I want to do an entire components cleanup at the same time Wink

5 - Try with point 2, to create your new WinReduced Windows 7 system instead of using v1.1.10.0

I wish you to have a nice day !

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
2 - Before the release, I tried an old wccf (created by v1.1.5.0), and it worked without trouble ... so could you please send me a wccf which creates this error in order to solve it Smile

i have sent you an wccf file which is created with v1.1.10.0 and creates the problem

more_horiz
OK, thank you ... I'm on it immediately Smile

more_horiz
That's right, I confirm the bug Smile

This will be solved in the next build Wink

PS : Topic moved to bugs forum

more_horiz
The responsible component is : "Optimizations - EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Compression".

To avoid this trouble, just remove the line from your wccf, until I will release the fixed build Wink

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello guys,

1 - About the third-party software download, it works for me during my tests so this is really hard to reproduce.

3 - Are you using an old WinReduced Windows 7 installation ? This is potentially a bug with an old WinReducer version during customization. Here is how to do, if you may do this :
- it should be better to use a virtual machine
- reinstall a complete windows 7 system
- launch WinReducer EX-70 latest version
- create a new wccf to customize your iso
- save your new wccf
- then apply all changes 

4 - Yes, the new removing engine will be deployed but not active, because I want to do an entire components cleanup at the same time Wink

5 - Try with point 2, to create your new WinReduced Windows 7 system instead of using v1.1.10.0

I wish you to have a nice day !

1 - It never worked for me, so it is hard to reproduce your installation... Smile
Winred only says that ResHack and ACL are not in the x64 folder, so I downloaded them manually.

2 - Ok, now we have a workaround for this.

4 - Arhhhahhhhhahhahhhah...!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Some problems could be related to the different version of the system; if I'm not wrong you use a default Windows copy to test the program.
I don't and I refuse to do it, even if Winred images are buggy...

P.S.
Check the Features Tab, it wasn't possible to enable or disable anything...

more_horiz
I have only Features Tab problem. Features Tab doesn't work for me too. Its not able to disable or click anything.

more_horiz
wccf bug is solved with the new version

more_horiz
Some other minor bugs in the Tweaks section:

Recycle Bin - "Enable confirmation dialog" checked (now the option is grayed out in Windows).
Start Menu - After I've been applied some tweaks I found Sticky Notes and Snipping Tool shortcuts in my OS Start Menu (I don't know what they're doin' there and they're broken 'cause I had removed them both).

So I decided to apply only the Optimizations cleanup on the image created with WinRed v1.1.10 and it seems to work quite good.
ISO reduced by 620MB more compared to the previous version.
OK.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:

Hey Winter!

Maybe you can reproduce this error when you install a reduced Windows 7 SP1 into a Virtual Machine, activate the Internet connection, put WinReducer into the virtual machine, and try to download the third-party software there. I hope that you will see this error then aswell.

You can use my wccf-file for this if you like:
https://forum.winreducer.net/t1524-error-while-downloading-extra-software-needed-for-winreducer

I think that this error here might be the same as the one I mentioned in the link some time ago!

All the best,
Markus

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I noted your bugs, and will see later about them ... thank you for the reports !

------------------

About the WinReducer "Features" tab bug, I will release a fix build in few minutes, please see in this thread : https://forum.winreducer.net/t1744-1-4-1-0-version-of-the-bug#15661

more_horiz
hauser.markus wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:

Hey Winter!

Maybe you can reproduce this error when you install a reduced Windows 7 SP1 into a Virtual Machine, activate the Internet connection, put WinReducer into the virtual machine, and try to download the third-party software there. I hope that you will see this error then aswell.

You can use my wccf-file for this if you like:
https://forum.winreducer.net/t1524-error-while-downloading-extra-software-needed-for-winreducer

I think that this error here might be the same as the one I mentioned in the link some time ago!

All the best,
Markus

Hello hauser.markus,

I will try this way as soon as possible, thanks.

more_horiz
Just another report... Smile
After applied all optimizations I wasn't able to integrate IE11.
Other msu updates seem to integrate without problems.

more_horiz
Ok, Features Tab and Presets bugs solved.
But it's not over... Smile

New bug of the day is...

WinReducer Updates Tool

No updates available...

more_horiz
Hello,

Thanks for the confirmation about the Features tab bug Smile

The WinReducer Update Catalog is not available at this time (so it's empty), I mention that in the message box before entering in the Updates Downloader tool Wink

more_horiz
Hi winterstorm,

My features tab still problem continues. I can't click anything, everything are grey.

My iso: Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64 Official EN_US

more_horiz
Features Tab works in v1.4.2.0 not in v1.4.1.0.
Anyway, there are also some good aspects.
Yesterday I created the first image with v1.4.2.0...
50 min. Smile instead of 1h 30m.
I could also sysprep IE11, NETFX 4.6.1 and VISUAL C++ without any problem.

more_horiz
Hello,

Thanks for the report Smile

The removing speed will be increased regularly because I will start to update all components to support the Removing Engine v3.xx, and also because I would like to update all components cleanup to reduce even more the final installation size.

Mesen wrote:
Hi winterstorm,
 My features tab still problem continues. I can't click anything, everything are grey.
My iso: Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64 Official EN_US

mvp77 is right, you need to update to v1.4.2.0, have you ?

more_horiz
Of course i updated my winreducer. Here, screenshot:

https://imgur.com/Et2TvJn

more_horiz
OK, have you customized your running system ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
OK, have you customized your running system ?

Yes, im running customized system with winreducer.

Here my config: https://yadi.sk/d/taXOUusnrQNuM

more_horiz
This is a nasty bug...
[SOLVED] WinReducerEX70 v1.4.x.x bugs 110
[SOLVED] WinReducerEX70 v1.4.x.x bugs 210

This is the wccf file:

http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/ObkK1au5/file.html

more_horiz
I tried on a different pc on which I have installed an image created with v1.4.2.0 and everything went fine.
Anyway it is really strange; I created a couple of images on the first pc with no problems.
I think something in the preset might cause the crash...

more_horiz
Hey Winter,

WinReducer v1.4.4.0 has the same problems of v1.4.0.0 (can't import preset file, Features and Services tabs don't work).
My running OS was reduced with WinReducer v1.4.3.0.
And now, I'm seeing some strange things... many apps (CCEnhancer, WinToolkit, etc.) don't run at all!!
It never happened on systems created with WinReducer v1.1.8.0 or v1.1.10.0 (and I use always the same configuration).

I can not say that you are guilty Smile, because for my personal experience I know how much troubles Microsoft can create...

The wccf file is relatively conservative:

http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/r9BNUxvr/file.html

more_horiz
@Mvp77

i wanted to write this to you as answer to your PN but maybe this can help someone else

Hi,

thats really strange, i never get any of this problems for win7 even removing like 95% of all components winreducer offers + even more with some batch files i created.

What i always do is:

1 i download a clean win7 ProN x64 German iso (i only downloaded it once and im using it since years)
2 i use this iso file and integrate all updates availabe via WinReucer/ntlite or wintoolkit
3 test it in a vm if really all updates are integrated (some are left because they cant be integrated), im trying sysprep at the moment to get all updates, but i need some more tests
4. i save this new updated iso file and from time to time im doing step 2 +3 with this new iso (so i dont need to add so many updates). yes my iso file is currently like 7GB big (untouched like 3.8GB), but after reducing it doesnt make much difference. i.e. untouched iso after reducing like 600mb - iso with all updates (7GB) reduced is like 680 but its full updated
5 i use winreducer7 and remove 95% of components and after that i run my batch files which remove more files.
6 integrate all driver

each month or 2 im installing my system from this new iso and never got any problems with not running programs

WinReducer v1.4.4.0 has the same problems of v1.4.0.0 (can't import preset file, Features and Services tabs don't work).
My running OS was reduced with WinReducer v1.4.3.0.

thats also stange, but it could maybe be a problem of the reduced os you are using. did you remove net framework ? maybe you could try winreducer in a VM which is installed using an not reduced iso. if it works there create a reduced iso but dont remove "EXPERT - Net Framework Complete Cleanup" if you did that before

more_horiz
Hi KrX,

as I said WinRed v1.4.4.0 has the same bugs we saw in v1.4.0.0.
I wasn't the only one who noticed that Smile.
I confirm the new bug (many portable apps don't start).
I did an image for my brother and he told me he cannot run VLC portable.
And I cannot see what's the problem in Event Viewer because the Snap-in doesn't work (Microsoft bug unsolved lol... https://www.google.it/#q=Event+Viewer+MMC+could+not+create+the+snap-in).
Maybe it's time to see if Windows 8 or 10 are more stable or reliable.

more_horiz
KrX,

I followed your suggestion.
I installed Windows 7 default ISO into VM to test WinReducer v1.4.4.0 and I didn't notice any bug.

Now, ok. It works or seems to work under Win7 default.
But why shouldn't work on WinReduced OS???
It's a paradox (Winreducer doesn't work on Winreduced).

You can see my config file (zippyshare.com/v/r9BNUxvr/file.html).
I don't think it's particularly extreme.

I think Winterstorm needs a looong debug session... Smile

more_horiz
Mvp77 wrote:

You can see my config file (zippyshare.com/v/r9BNUxvr/file.html).
I don't think it's particularly extreme.

so if i create an iso with your config and i insall it, after that i start winreducer on that windows it shouldnt work? (with the newest version of winreducer)

if yes i would try if i get the same result.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum