The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Conversion of old wccf possible? Empty[ANSWERED] Conversion of old wccf possible?

more_horiz
I created a slimmed down version of Win7 some times ago with an old version of Winreducer7 (without EX). Now I want to make an other try but I would like to use my old wccf-file to start with it. But when I try to load it I get an error message. Is it possible to make the wccf compatible?

description[ANSWERED] Conversion of old wccf possible? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Conversion of old wccf possible?

more_horiz
hi,

it is possible, but you Need to do some things:

1. open your old wccf file with i.e. Notepad++
2. your first lines should look like this (new for EX Software)

v1.1.5.0
  27.07.2015 18:37:20

especially the forth line

Needs to look like this.

3. save the file, now you should be able to load it to winreducer

you are not finished here !!!

4. load it to winreducer, youc an use the Preset Editor at START -> Tools, check all components now, because im sure that some/a lot of components you want to remove arent selected (because the Name changed).

also there should be some new components that are added since your list time using your wccf file, so you can remove more stuff if you want

5. save your new wccf file !!!

6. Close the preset Editor and now you can use your new wccf file. if you didnt use the Preset Editor, but mounted your Image, you should Close winreducer and start it again (just to make sure no entries from your old wccf file are loaded, this could cause a bug ??maybe??)

description[ANSWERED] Conversion of old wccf possible? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Conversion of old wccf possible?

more_horiz
Hello,

As KrX said, this is possible but not a recommended solution ... because there will be potential bugs, and you need to check each components.

Smile

more_horiz
I would definitely start from scratch. Too many things to go wrong.  Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum