The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] winsxs component cache Empty[ANSWERED] winsxs component cache

more_horiz
what WR remove the "winsxs component cache", i seen this option in vlite, don't know all about it, but it reduced the iso about 300mb without breaking anything

description[ANSWERED] winsxs component cache EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] winsxs component cache

more_horiz
i could image that vlite is removing files from Windows\winsxs\Backup folder

im just guessing im not 100% sure. But winreducer also got this winsxs Backup folder component

description[ANSWERED] winsxs component cache EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] winsxs component cache

more_horiz
no, backup folder is already empty,
Other: removing internet explorer will break other features or anything? I am thinking to remove ie and add qwweb, it is 8mb portable internet browser. Just curious to make a good lite weigt w7.

more_horiz
if you want to remove IE keep the preset "Protect important files" ON, it will save ieframe.dll which is needed for many things

i remove IE also and didnt find any problems

more_horiz
okay. I'll test it later, with qtweb integration.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum