The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Integrated updates problem and two small glitches. (v0.6.3.0) Empty[SOLVED] Integrated updates problem and two small glitches. (v0.6.3.0)

more_horiz
Hi.

Back again with a few things that do not work at the moment. At first the integrated updates do not start after post in setup. It just continues the normal setup. No DISM write starts in the second phase. I made several different builds. Not one triggered the update. Had to fix some last changes in the last build. Going to run that one within a few moments. If the last one also doesn't update I will confirm here yet again.

Second small glitch is that the thumbnails aren't always showing with media. Had builds that worked and builds that don't. Will try a few computer resets if it's a temporary fluke. Do not think it's related to the media player removal. Maybe the extra 4mb thumbnail cache tweak. Have to try with the tweak off.

Third small glitch is related to the rebuild windows setup files. After rebuilding it creates a boot_TEMP.wim files within the sources directory having a size of 204mb adding to the final iso. This is not with the first usage of the preset file but when loading a saved preset and using it for a second time. This should be easely fixed. Just check if there is a boot_TEMP.wim and delete before creating an iso.

That's for now.

Thanks.

description[SOLVED] Integrated updates problem and two small glitches. (v0.6.3.0) EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Integrated updates problem and two small glitches. (v0.6.3.0)

more_horiz
Here I am again after testing the final windows build. Almost everything works as I like it. This would really work out if I could integrate updates again with winreducer. Did not have this problem with a previous alpha build. It just started updating before and that's it.

After the complete install of windows when using windows update the cumulative update fails to install. It just will roll back the update. Reboot a few times and I am back where I started.

Could not say what is happening with configuring and rebuilding. Not that technical in finding out. Just seeing what is happening at the moment is all I can say...

Maybe these things are already known and or worked on for future builds. I don't mind tinkering with settings or testing something or another on a basic level to rule things out. Little bit frustating sometimes with building and testing but it's still alpha so I can't expect everything to work right away.

I wish the team of programmers, testers and all who would like to participate the best of luck in making this a fine beta build.

Thanks again.

ps. Just closed my browser to watch a few episodes and the thumbnails kicked in. Seems to have a mind of its own. Strange...

description[SOLVED] Integrated updates problem and two small glitches. (v0.6.3.0) EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Integrated updates problem and two small glitches. (v0.6.3.0)

more_horiz
Not sure what happens to your test. I integrate without any glitch the cumulative updates
so post the wccf you are using and also describe the .iso you start with
cheers

more_horiz
Then I am not sure either. There shouldn't be any components that interfere with post updating. The updates are put within the final iso. I will do one final test that hopefully will work and if not then I will put my wccf here for reviewing. Previously I used build v0.6.0.0 and it worked everytime. Now with v0.6.3.0 I made a new wccf from scratch and that looks fine to me but...

I understand that you do not have this problem and it works. Probably it's something simple again that I just can't put my finger on. That's probably also the reason why I can't find it right away. I am used to these kind of things happening. Seems that I always get things with a completely differen't outcome. :-)

When I scratch my head and get to posting I did try almost everything. That's also why with 99 percent of the users it usually works fine and with me it runs amok.

Will get back to this at a later time. Have to go to work in a little while. Maybe tonight or after a night of sleep in the morning.

more_horiz
Hi.

Still have troubles. Hopefully something can be done with some help. Putting up the latest wccf file I am using. Here it is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I really hope that something comes out of this.

Currently I am trying a last clean build only with the updates....

Thanks.

more_horiz
This seems getting frustrating more and more but I keep trying. Used a clean windows and only integrated the updates downloaded with the winreducer update tool. Once finished started to install in vmware and let it run. Setup started and did not see no winreducer updates run in post. Just first run critical update steps from the setup itself. Ended up with Windows 1511 b10586.104.

It seems to be updated correctly. Only through windows setup. Now just to find how to get the same result with my lighter profile. I still believe that I should get a DISM update window during setup when it's using integrated updates. Still not getting anything. What am I missing. Is it because I reduced with a winreduced windows or am I missing a feature or a service. What is the freaking problem here.

Did the same over and over again with v0.6.0.0 before and it always worked. Got a DISM update step during windows setup and so on. Still testing but still no hint why.

Will get back later after some more retries...

more_horiz
Tried a new install within vmware. Trying to update with windows update but still get a failed cumulative update error. I always have the windows update fail safe checked and still it fails. Maybe I am completely mistaken and the winreducer update protocol is changed and the cumulative update kb3135173 is installed anyway. Still for further updates through windows update it fails anyway.

I've given up for now. Not going to try anything else. Consider this thread closed. Winreducer is a fun project and surely it works for most people but at the time for me it doesn't get me where I want to go. To much trial and error for now.

Will check again in a few months...

Bye bye.

more_horiz
I have been having the same problem since the last release.  Both the updates AND drivers are not being integrated.  I have changed settings with 4 different builds so far and keep getting the same results.  NONE of the drivers or updates get updated. This is my latest presets being used:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Geekster

more_horiz
@Whirdlinurd and @Geekster
With 0.6.3.0 I get updates and drivers integrated without any glitches.
I hope @Winterstorm can reproduce your pbs

more_horiz
Geekster wrote:
I have been having the same problem since the last release.  Both the updates AND drivers are not being integrated.  I have changed settings with 4 different builds so far and keep getting the same results.  NONE of the drivers or updates get updated. This is my latest presets being used:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Geekster

here is your wccf file again, i removed the paths for your drivers/updates/netframework. load it in winreducer and go to the system tab and select your folders for drivers/updates/netframework again and start the process.

does it work now?

if yes, thats a known bug, that if your wccf file contains paths for i.e. updates, winreducer skips the step to integrate updates

more_horiz
Hey thanks KRX for getting back to me.  I downloaded the presets file and so if I understand correctly WREX100 ignores whatever paths are set for all the updates and just integrates them automatically?  And what about the drivers.  I don't mind so much having to reinstall the Windows 10 updates but it's a headache when none of the device drivers are get installed and nothing works till I manually install them. It takes far longer to get the the correct drivers needed and to have none installed is quite a pain.  Anyways, I will run a new build and get back to you on the results and very much appreciate your help.

Also, I do want to add that Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3140768) does not work!!!  This is NOT a WREX100 bug.  Microsoft is well aware that the update does not work but they have yet to replace it with an update that does work.  And I hate how updates operate under Windows 10 anyways.  There is FAR less control over what updates you want and how to tell Windows to STOP installing them!!!   Grrrrrrrrrrr   All the problems with Windows 10 has to make it even more difficult to get a decent WREX100 so I certainly can't blame WinterStorm for that.  Perhaps working with a different Windows Build would help?  If anyone has any ideas on that I would like to hear them.

Geekster

more_horiz
Hi
I don't understand the known bug as I perfectly integrate drivers and updates with the following preselection
my WinReducerEX100.exe and .wccf is on C: and drrivers and updates are on D:
Spoiler :

more_horiz
Hello guys,

For those you experienced troubles while integrating updates using v0.6.3.0, I need to know :

1-  If you are using, as running operating system, a Windows 10 which was reduced by WinReducer v0.6.0.0 and newer ?

2 - And I confirm what KrX said, when you use an ISO which already updated with a previous winreducer updates catalog, and you try to integrate a newer update it will not work (it skip the integration).
--> To avoid this last trouble, you just need to use a a new clean ISO or physically deleted the wccf in your ISO (once extrcated of course) Wink ... until I'll fix it.

I wish you to have a nice day !

more_horiz
Now I understand why it is working for me my .iso as Nothing integrated just one downloaded from MS

more_horiz
Hi.

I also went back to v0.6.0.0 where I had the best results for integrating updates. After a few tests that I did with v0.6.3.0 I never got it working properly. Currently trying to find the problem with the cumulative updates.

Also started a thread here.

I see it has also been discussed here. I used a 32 bit windows but the problem is the same with KB3140768 for 64 bit.

Adding different components back to windows. Hopefully I can find the problem. Also have read the problem lies with Microsoft. Tried a clean build and the update worked fine.

Be back soon.

more_horiz
Thank you WinterStorm for that clarification.  I stopped trying to run WinReducer on an already WinReduced Windows XX where XX=Any Windows version!!!   It's not a very good test and so now I only start with a clean ISO.  Shortcuts in testing is not very professional nor politically correct  lol!   So I will do some more fussing with this problem and JPM has me wondering now about installations across partitions.  That sounds kinda messy to me too but maybe there is something to all that.  All I can say is that they sure as heck don't work like they used to so something got broken along the way. 

Geekster

more_horiz
never got any problems since some time. im marking it as solved. if it still happen open a new thread
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum