The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Problem with Windows Search and Modern ui apps. Empty[ANSWERED] Problem with Windows Search and Modern ui apps.

more_horiz
So basically my problem occurs when i try to use windows search. after clicking on it (on the taskbar) nothing really happens. Edge closes instantly. store works just fine. what is the problem? modern ui apps are protected. Everything works except modern ui apps and win search.What needs to be in my system for search and apps to work properly ?

EDIT
i cant install apps thru store. gives me an error 0x80240024

description[ANSWERED] Problem with Windows Search and Modern ui apps. EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Problem with Windows Search and Modern ui apps.

more_horiz
any1?

description[ANSWERED] Problem with Windows Search and Modern ui apps. EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Problem with Windows Search and Modern ui apps.

more_horiz
Hello,

could you upload your wccf file ?

more_horiz
I was kind of having the same issues until i turned on the Protection option of the windows search files.

more_horiz
filehosting.org/file/details/547968/WinReducerEX100.wccf
my newest file. Protection option of the windows search files is on.
and i also have a sytemsettings.exe error after 20sec usage.
i am using win10 pro build:10586

sorry but i cant insert full link cause my account is new.

more_horiz
When you cannot use Universal Apps it's because UAC is completely disabled.

Go to the registry and please check is your entry is the same as this one:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"EnableLUA"=dword:00000001

Also, check if you have not disabled Windows Firewall just by stopping its Service.

I had the same problem as you before and those two things were the culprit.

more_horiz
ive checked them. everything is on. enablelua and windows firewall.

more_horiz
i ve created a clean iso with only modern apps deleted except store and edge. search also canot work.

more_horiz
i think it depends on cortana and speech stuff. ive created another test build with cortana and speech enabled. Everything seems to work just fine. I will create now fully modded version with speech and cortana and we will see.

more_horiz
alright guys i got it working. solution is above.

more_horiz
Are you able to successfully remove Windows Apps with 0.6.3.0 with no problems besides the one you had?
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum