The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Need help with WinReducerEX81 Empty[ANSWERED] Need help with WinReducerEX81

more_horiz
Hi all,

First let me say thank you very much for creating this software. It is really a good one.

I need some help with WinReducerEX81.

I have managed to download all the updates for windows 8.1 and they are being integrated into the ISO. My problem is with windows defender. When I integrate all the updates, windows defender is out of date and wont allow me to do anything with it. The color of Windows Defender is red. I am able to update it with a file called Microsoft Security Essentials X64. My question is why would it be out of date after the update has been applied?

Another issue I am having is with the folder called Software at WinReducerEX81\WORK\INTEGRATE\SOFTWARE\x64.

How do I integrate these software? There are software like Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 (x64), directx_Jun2010_redist, Silverlight_41105_x64 and Adobe Flash Player.

Is there a way I can integrate them into the ISO so that they are installed before I get to desktop?

Any help is really welcome as I am stuck here.

Thanks

description[ANSWERED] Need help with WinReducerEX81 EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Need help with WinReducerEX81

more_horiz
Hello,

In fact, Windows Defender Definition updates integration is not supported (yet) in the EX-81 Updates Catalog, so this is why you find defender is red after installation.

To integrate your software you have 2 choices with EX-81 :
- "System" tab : OEM (hardest way)
- "System" tab : OOBE (easiest way to begin with)

I wish you to have a nice day !

description[ANSWERED] Need help with WinReducerEX81 EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Need help with WinReducerEX81

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

In fact, Windows Defender Definition updates integration is not supported (yet) in the EX-81 Updates Catalog, so this is why you find defender is red after installation.

To integrate your software you have 2 choices with EX-81 :
- "System" tab : OEM (hardest way)
- "System" tab : OOBE (easiest way to begin with)

I wish you to have a nice day !

Morning,

Thanks for your reply.

I did try the oobe option. It integrates these software when you are on desktop for the first time. What I want is for these software to be installed before I go on desktop. I did try with the OEM but I guess it is hard because I did put the folder there and I saw the size of iso was bigger than before but nothing happened.

Is there a way to integrate the Windows defender updates like the updates? Do you know any other software that you came across?

Thanks

more_horiz
Is there no one who can give me some advice?

more_horiz
Hello,

What you are asking requires some skills which many people do not have, because you are trying to use an hardest way to integrate your software (this is interesting but hard to create). The easiest way is to use the OOBE method.

But, if you really want to create an OEM folder, here are some resources I've found on internet :
- http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/152813-how-to-create-an-oem-folder/
- https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc977168.aspx

Or you could use the sysprep method, theKramer made an excellent tutorial about this on the forum :
https://forum.winreducer.net/t115-reduce-a-sysprep-image-of-a-windows-8-install-from-a-vhd-virtual-hard-drive

Hope this helps you start your project Smile

more_horiz
I prefer sysprep. With this you can make your iso with pre-installed softwares, even your Defender updates problen can be solved with this.
Just install all needed softwares, updates and create a syspreped image.

more_horiz
Thank you very much Guys. You are very helpful. I will have to give a try in both ways.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum