The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Continuation on the topic of Winter's Extreme Laptop Presets Empty[ANSWERED] Continuation on the topic of Winter's Extreme Laptop Presets

more_horiz
As soon as I downloaded WinterStorm's Extreme Laptop presets I went to work on seeing how they worked since ultimately I think everyone's big dream is to see how much they can reduce the overhead in Windows ........ no matter what version it is.  I talk about previously how they broke my bluetooth and wireless printer.  But I also wanted to take a few minutes to point out some of the things to look out for when you start using these extreme presets. 

1.)  First and foremost ............. if you want your build to be activated be sure and leave Windows Store under both the Services tab as well as the    Remover/Modern UI tab.  This is noted both under the Bugs sections as well as in the changelog.  Just a little reminder since you will notice they have both been removed with the Laptop Extreme presets.

2.)  Almost every system these days have bluetooth capabilities just like my two machines do.  All the bluetooth suites I have seen actually do use the bluetooth driver under the Remover/Drivers tab.  So be sure you add that back in if your system has bluetooth capabilities.  If you take it out you will get an error to the effect that Bthprops.cpl is missing.  And also be sure to leave the Bluetooth Services under the Services tab there or again you will run into headaches. 

3.)  If you intend to do any DVD or CD burning then under the Remover/Accessory tab you will want to keep both Image Burning and iMapi installed or your ability to burn anything will go out the window.  Even the free burners on the internet that do a great job of burning ISO's rely on those being installed in your Windows Operating System or they will give you errors or just not work at all.

4.)  Also .............. unless you are a big security freak and like to get messages asking you if you're sure you want to execute every piece of software on your computer then I highly suggest that you use the tweak "Disable UAC".  This is a great tweak if you use extreme presets because the ability to change anything with regard to security is pretty much gone and you won't be able to change the UAC setting.

Geekster

description[ANSWERED] Continuation on the topic of Winter's Extreme Laptop Presets EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Continuation on the topic of Winter's Extreme Laptop Presets

more_horiz
hi,

about bluetooth.

at windows 7 and winreducer 7 i needed to keep "Control Panel - Infrared (Files)", because removing them something broke my bluetooth connection.

you should also keep:

Support - Bluetooth
Bluetooth Support Service

and im not so sure is "WWAN AutoConfig Service" is needed also

description[ANSWERED] Continuation on the topic of Winter's Extreme Laptop Presets EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Continuation on the topic of Winter's Extreme Laptop Presets

more_horiz
Hello,

The Extreme preset is a really experimental stuff which will prepare something much better in the next months Wink

more_horiz
Oh I totally understand that but it was certainly a great jumping off place for me to start.  Razz

Geekster
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum