The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Why is driver folder so huge? Empty[ANSWERED] Why is driver folder so huge?

more_horiz
I noticed after using Winreducer that my driver folder in windows/system32/driverstore/filerepository was over 9 gigs making my install size nearly 13 gigs. So I manually had to take ownership of all the folders in there that had the recent date and removed them. After that my install size was only 3.7 gigs. Very nice however why did this happen?...I didn't integrate any drivers, I actually removed some that I didn't need and also is there a way to have it slimmed down automatically in Winreducer?

description[ANSWERED] Why is driver folder so huge? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Why is driver folder so huge?

more_horiz
Hi
you better use

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

description[ANSWERED] Why is driver folder so huge? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Why is driver folder so huge?

more_horiz
at me, after optimization by winreducer
[ANSWERED] Why is driver folder so huge? Treibe10

more_horiz
now you need to delete unused oem.
just select the older by the version number.
don't worry if it is an active one as i will not be removed
Cheers

more_horiz
Ok thanks. Do I just remove everything in driver explorer? Also couldn't a feature to reduce this folder be included in Winreducer?

more_horiz
it looks to me complicated to integrate to an offline edition as Winreducer is working on

more_horiz
Hello guys,

In all my ISO, I do not have oem.inf files ? Is it after using WinReducer and integrate some drivers or are they already present in your ISO ?

more_horiz
I don't thin they are as it is the driver installation which create them

more_horiz
My default W10 install has a driver folder size of 1.6 gigs. I don't get where the additional 8 gigs came from after removing, tweaking and compressing the iso.

more_horiz
xrc6 wrote:
My default W10 install has a driver folder size of 1.6 gigs. I don't get where the additional 8 gigs came from after removing, tweaking and compressing the iso.

i once got an bug iso too after integrating drivers. it seemed my graphic driver was added like 50 times into the iso. i still dont know why it happened (it also happened once with my sound driver)

more_horiz
You are right KrX, I've forgot to mention that with some Drivers the integration size is growing up badly.

I've experienced this one time with nvidia driver ... because Nvidia include in its own drivers one inf per hardware (I don't know if it's always valid) ... so the result was that each inf has been added (which explains the growing up size).

In the contrary drivers like AMD or Intel, you will not have this problem because they only propose one inf for all hardware.

@xrc6 : did you integrate drivers using WinReducer in your ISO ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
You are right KrX, I've forgot to mention that with some Drivers the integration size is growing up badly.

I've experienced this one time with nvidia driver ... because Nvidia include in its own drivers one inf per hardware (I don't know if it's always valid) ... so the result was that each inf has been added (which explains the growing up size).

In the contrary drivers like AMD or Intel, you will not have this problem because they only propose one inf for all hardware.

@xrc6 : did you integrate drivers using WinReducer in your ISO ?

Actually no I didn't however I was using an iso that I first mounted with a similar app called NTlite and all I did there was basically remove the excess Windows editions because for some reason my retail copy of Windows won't mount in Winreducer until I separated the editions (probably my own fault) Then I used it to integrate a Realtek audio driver and a LAN driver because I was more familiar with driver integration on that than I am with your software. I also used the Experimental feature to deep clean so next time I won't use that.

But since I previously had a lot of problems with NTlite with Windows failing to install... I ended up buying your Winreducer and it's certainly much better Wink . Just having fun testing various custom iso's so I can figure out the smallest solution for a dedicated arcade cabinet I'm building. It's not a big deal to delete them, just annoying. I'm working on a new ISO without as heavy removal and I'll report back if driver folder is abnormally large or not....this time there is nothing integrated at all and I only used Ntlite to separate the edition and Winreducer for everything else.

more_horiz
[ANSWERED] Why is driver folder so huge? Nvidia10
Graphics Card only
there goes one more thing -> manuell, NvCplSetupInt.exe(79,5 MB)
Nvidia Audio is similar

more_horiz
Well I just finished my latest ISO and happy to report that the file repository folder is only 239 mb's. Install size is still pretty good at just under 5 gigs minus drivers and the main app I'll need for my arcade cabinet works great. so far I'm very happy with this one. A few little things didn't take effect such as background pics for install, CP categories didn't default to large icons..etc  but no big deal.

Thanks for making this program! My dedicated machines can finally be more streamlined.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum