The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Slipstreaming updates Empty[ANSWERED] Slipstreaming updates

more_horiz
Hi,

I made a unattended slipstreamed Windows 10 Iso today, it works perfectly fine.
Is it possible to slipstream this iso again so only the new updates get added and my unattended part still works?

description[ANSWERED] Slipstreaming updates EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Slipstreaming updates

more_horiz
Hello,

if you didnt remove anything (just added updates and used the unattended part) it will work each time.

if you removed something, it could be that some updates could fail because the update wants to access/update files from the component you removed

description[ANSWERED] Slipstreaming updates EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Slipstreaming updates

more_horiz
Thanks for your answer!

more_horiz
Hello,

The best approach of this is to 1st create a complete slipstreamed updated ISO, and in a 2nd time create your reduced ISO (if you wish).

Have a nice day !

more_horiz
Hello,

Does Winreducer automatically deselect updates that are already slipstreamed to the iso or do I have to deselect them myself?

more_horiz
ItsJustMartijn wrote:
Hello,

Does Winreducer automatically deselect updates that are already slipstreamed to the iso or do I have to deselect them myself?

You have to remove components your self some might effect windows update process be careful what you removed some components will give you big error when removing them... it takes practice bud....

more_horiz
This is how it works :

- In "Tools - Updates Downloader" : it will show you in the window only the new updates for downloading them, so you need to select all of them to get the latest ones

- In "System" tab (after mounting your ISO) : the best for windows 10 is to use your original ISO each months to integrate new updates ... because all Windows 10 use cumulative updates ... this ensure you to slipstream only the necessary updates. Otherwise if you integrate new updates inside a previous updated ISO all older updates files are still present in your ISO and will grow by much your ISO size each times.
In Windows 10, I found the integration speed really fast, so I think there is no interesting point to re-use the same ISO each month ... this is your choice Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum