The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionTRiAL-RUNS WREX100.v0.5.0.0 (Alpha) EmptyTRiAL-RUNS WREX100.v0.5.0.0 (Alpha)

more_horiz
Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this thread posted under the wrong topic. 

I've tested WinReducer EX-100 - v0.5.0.0 (Alpha) to Slimmingdown Windows 10 Insider Preview Pro Build 10565.0.151006-2014.th2 (x86), 
here is the short result : 

Screenshot :

» Size after slimmingdown still huges or optimizations didn't work as expected !
Screenshot :

iSO Size: 2.11 GB (2,275,516,416 bytes)

» install Windows: WORKED with 0 Updates installed (Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.0.2)
Screenshot :

» Known Bugs: 
* "\WORK\iNTEGRATE\UPDATES\Framework35\x86 Files" : Didn't Cleanup
Screenshot :

microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab, 37.0 MB (38,897,518 bytes)

* "%Temp%\\AppData\Local\Temp Files" : Didn't Cleanup
Screenshot :

appxStage-$$$, 19 Files, 19 Folders, 199 KB (203,776 bytes)

Windows 10 Insider Preview Pro Build 10565 (x86) Description :

Screenshot :

» More Detail (Full): "http://pasted.co/38647133"

Attached Files :

Working PC Description: :

i've question about New Options in WinReducer EX-100 - v0.5.0.0 (Alpha);
- iSO Compression Mode: ( Which is the Best Option ? )
- EXPERT - Deep Cleanup: ( Which is the Best Option ? )
- EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Compression: ( Which is the Best Option ? )

So, i'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions to slimmingdown size more smaller Wink

descriptionTRiAL-RUNS WREX100.v0.5.0.0 (Alpha) EmptyRe: TRiAL-RUNS WREX100.v0.5.0.0 (Alpha)

more_horiz
Hello,

For the moment EX-100 is still in alpha stage, so there are many missing options, compared to other EX-Series software. As they are not fully tested these options have been removed to avoid severe bugs. Some other bugs are still present but will be resolved soon, like "EXPERT - WinSxS Folde Cleanup (install.wim)".

In fact, EX-100 is working as expected (but without extreme removing functionalities).

About your questions :
- "ISO Compression" : "maximum" is the standard, and "Recovery" will compress your install.wim like with an esd file but will cost you many time to compress the file.
- "EXPERT - Deep Cleanup" : there will not be an important impact on the final size, this will just improve the cleanup for different element like drivers or components ... but the maim inconvenient is that it will take much more time to cleanup your components
- "EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Compression" : all options are classified in the order of compression, the 1st one (=less compression) and the latest one (= better compression) ... and the more compression you choose the more time you need to proceed

So, I think for the moment it's better to wait until I will validate other components, or if you want to try you will expose your system to potential annoying bugs (like if you remove "Services - WWAN Service" = windows installation trouble)

Wink

descriptionTRiAL-RUNS WREX100.v0.5.0.0 (Alpha) EmptyRe: TRiAL-RUNS WREX100.v0.5.0.0 (Alpha)

more_horiz
i would like to know if an compressed file will cause a longer installation time than an uncompressed one.
did anyone test that ?

because if it would only take longer to created such an compressed image but the installation time would be (or nearly) the same as an uncompressed, that would be really nice Wink

more_horiz
I've tried some times ago, and didn't notice important differences : it installed windows with almost the same time. But the necessary to create the compressed file is really important, as far as you may add around 20 minutes to the creation process.

more_horiz
ok thanks for the answer

more_horiz
About winterstorm answers : 

- for "EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Compression" : i'd assumed the 1st one (=less compression is XPRESS4K) and the latest one (=better compression is LZX),  so there will be an important impact on the final size considered to the more better compression (LZX) more time needed to proceed ?

- i agree about installation time for the compressed file (i assumed install.esd) almost the same time with the uncompressed one (i assumed install.wim), could you more specific about PC specification and uncompressed file size that takes around 20 minutes to the creation process ?

thanks, for the answer and the suggestions Wink

more_horiz
Hey,

1) The size impact could be important (around 1/3 smaller) but the necessary time is also increased ... so this is at the appreciation of the user to get the best solution on the user machine

2) WinSxS folder compression depends also on the amount of files to compress. I've tested with a small winsxs size.

Smile

more_horiz
thanks, i'll tested with WinReducer EX-100 - v0.5.1.0 (Alpha) soon as possible  Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum