The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Connecting to external monitor (Television) by HDMI Empty[ANSWERED] Connecting to external monitor (Television) by HDMI

more_horiz
Hi,

What components should I keep, so as not to break HDMI functionality? Using the latest (as of 29 Oct 2015) version, my reduced windows installation on my laptop cannot detect an HDMI connection to the TV. Normally, the TVs (LG and Samsung) are autodetected by Windows, and the audio and video switch to the TVs. But now a TV is just not detected via HDMI. Even if I manually use Win+P to project to second monitor, it doesn't do so.

I kept the components for TV drivers. I have removed all other multimedia drivers. (That hasn't broken HDMI in the past.) Which component could be breaking HDMI output?

I have installed the latest graphics and all other system drivers. Using Linux on the same machine, I can connect to the TVs without any issues - so I know that all the hardware is working.

I don't know if it is related, but during Windows installation, I'm getting an error message that "Windows could not install a system component." It goes into an infinite reboot loop, but if I use registry editor to change a particular setting in the registry, it then proceeds to install normally. (This has happened a few times in the past as well, but I never had any non-working issues after install.)

Yet another issue (again, I don't know if it is related) after installation is that most of the shutdown/restart options don't work. The start menu only lets me logoff. To shutdown, I have to logoff first and then click the shutdown button. Within windows, if I press alt-f4 (when no window is open or active), it should give me the shutdown dialog box - but I get the message that the operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. I am the administrator.

description[ANSWERED] Connecting to external monitor (Television) by HDMI EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Connecting to external monitor (Television) by HDMI

more_horiz
Hey,

That's weird ... never experienced that.

Using the latest (as of 29 Oct 2015) version

Are you talking about updates or ISO ?

Smile

description[ANSWERED] Connecting to external monitor (Television) by HDMI EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Connecting to external monitor (Television) by HDMI

more_horiz
^^
I meant the latest Winreducer 8.1.

About ISO, I am using an AIO X64 with updates until Oct integrated. I am using the 'pro' version from that.

more_horiz
Maybe a trouble with an update integrated in your ISO ... have you tried with another Windows Edition in your AIO ?

Have you consider using "WinReducer Updates Catalog" in order to create your own up to date ISO ?

more_horiz
No, I haven't tried another edition.

I shall have a look at the update catalog, and see if I can make an upto date ISO and see if it works.

more_horiz
OK Smile

Perhaps, eventually trying with an ISO without updates ?

more_horiz
I think you are right, that it is one of the updates. I just installed Windows from the main ISO (which has updates integrated), and my laptop still fails to detect the HDMI connection. So it wasn't due to the reduction.

I wish I knew which particular update is the culprit. If I don't know that, wouldn't I end up installing the same update from 'Winreducer update catalog as well?

And an unrelated question, is there a way to combine all the update files into one big file, like a cumulative update? I vaguely remember something about converting the MSUs to CABs for that purpose.

more_horiz
aymanalz wrote:
And an unrelated question, is there a way to combine all the update files into one big file, like a cumulative update? I vaguely remember something about converting the MSUs to CABs for that purpose.

I never heard about such official possibility for Windows 8.1, I do understand that some people may backup their updates folder by using a cab file ... but I really doubt that someone propose such file (with all Windows Updates included), and I will not do this for legal reason ... Smile

more_horiz
I finally got my HDMI to output,  via a temporary fix released by Intel. It is a driver issue, and Intel has a test driver to address it. It is puzzling, because I had tried several drivers before, including the one provided by my laptop manufacturer, but none of them work now, although all of them worked previously.

Anyway, if anybody else has this issue, use the drivers from this page:

Intel test driver

more_horiz
Hey,

Hope this test driver solved your trouble, anyway thank you for the explanation Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum