The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Impossible to connect to wifi Empty[ANSWERED] Impossible to connect to wifi

more_horiz
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum.

I'd like to ask you one thing. I have used a ready trimmed down win 8.1.  but I cannot install the wireless device even I have the latest driver (which is Railink). I got the following message no matter I did ""Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error installing" "

I would appreciate any suggestions other than "preparing a new install" (like adding missing files to the windows folder manually). By the way, other drivers worked well.

description[ANSWERED] Impossible to connect to wifi EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Impossible to connect to wifi

more_horiz
Hello and welcome,

Unfortunately, it seems that your remove some necessary components (especially those ones for WiFi support).

Keeping your WiFi drivers is a good start but not enough. You could find a list of necessary components using this link : https://forum.winreducer.net/t340-laptop#4018

And, you are not able to restore any missing WiFi components by hand after installation, you need to recreate an ISO with all necessary components included.

Hope this helps, but if you have any questions do not hesitate to post, we will be happy to help you Smile

description[ANSWERED] Impossible to connect to wifi EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Impossible to connect to wifi

more_horiz
Thanx winterstorm2050, highly appreaciated. One must make sure to pay more attention next time Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum