The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] [WinReducerex100_v0.4.3.0] The file is not mounted correctly Empty[SOLVED] [WinReducerex100_v0.4.3.0] The file is not mounted correctly

more_horiz
Good morning
I want to try this fantastic tool, when I get to the stage of MOUNT I get the following error message:

[SOLVED] [WinReducerex100_v0.4.3.0] The file is not mounted correctly W0tj06

I can not fix and do not understand where I'm wrong, you can give me some advice?

Thank you.

description[SOLVED] [WinReducerex100_v0.4.3.0] The file is not mounted correctly EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [WinReducerex100_v0.4.3.0] The file is not mounted correctly

more_horiz
hi,

first, which build do you use a 10240 or an 105XX ?

also, at your extracted iso folder is there an install.WIM oder install.ESD in your sources folder ?

description[SOLVED] [WinReducerex100_v0.4.3.0] The file is not mounted correctly EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [WinReducerex100_v0.4.3.0] The file is not mounted correctly

more_horiz
Hello
The Professional version is Windows 10 build 10240.
This is the structure of the ISO and the file install.wim
[SOLVED] [WinReducerex100_v0.4.3.0] The file is not mounted correctly 2ptv0i8

Thank you

more_horiz
just a question, your iso is called "ESD-ISO" did you convert install.esd to install.wim ? i.e. if you downloaded your iso with this microsoft download tool ?

could you try if you got 7zip installed, and open the install.wim with 7zip. is it possible or do you get an error message ?

@winter

do you think something like this could help to inform/repair an install.wim if it is corrupt ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i never got an corrupt image so i cant test it

more_horiz
The ISO was downloaded with the tool Microsoft on the official website.

7-zip generates the message "can not open the file install.wim as an archive"

more_horiz
Hi DMD,

if you loaded it with the Media Creation Tool, then the displayed install.wim is a install.esd.
You have to convert the esd file to a wim file.
Not sure, if you have to rename the file first...

more_horiz
I converted the file wim in esd with WinReducerESWimConverter, but I get the same error. No
Do you think can be the install.wim the cause of this or am I making a mistake from another place?

more_horiz
how did you try to convert it ? did you choose your install.wim and convert it in an .esd and after that again to an .wim? or did you rename your .wim to .esd and converted it to an .wim file ?

if it still does not work you could try download your iso again from the first link here (1 - Download ISO (HOME and PROFESSIONAL - x86 or x64)):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

more_horiz
I downloaded the new ISO from the link that I have recommended

[SOLVED] [WinReducerex100_v0.4.3.0] The file is not mounted correctly 2mqrxib

always the same message
[SOLVED] [WinReducerex100_v0.4.3.0] The file is not mounted correctly W0tj06

more_horiz
Hello,

Could be please to some things in this order :
1 - Open EX-100

2 - Close EX-100

3 - Restart your computer

4 - Delete entirely your EX-100 installation folder (take care to move your ISO and/or wccf (presets files)
- Download the Forum Alpha build from this post (Download Link part) : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5 - Install EX-100 using this tutorial on your HDD or SSD in a folder like "C:\WinReducerEX100" : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6 - Try to mount your ISO

7 - Tell us the result Wink

more_horiz
I ran another test on PC notebook (Lenovo z-510) always using the version 0.4.3.0.
I noticed a very strange thing that I can not give an explanation,

In notebook everything works perfectly without any mistakes and the operation is completed.  
During processing I checked the folder "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp" is filled with files and then generate the files in the folder "WinReducerEX100_v0.4.3.0\WORK\MOUNT".

In the home PC During processing the folder "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp" is filled with files but the folder "WinReducerEX100_v0.4.3.0\WORK\MOUNT" remains empty, and shortly after the error message appears.
I used the home PC also the beta version which I have recommended, but I get the same error. No  scratch

I can not give me an explanation for all this is very strange indeed.
Thank you for the help you are giving me

description[SOLVED] [WinReducerex100_v0.4.3.0] The file is not mounted correctly EmptySOLVED

more_horiz
FINALLY WORKS cheers

In my host system (Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit) was installed by the time Windows ADK for Windows 8.1 for the work done previously

After an exhausting search and all installed software finally I managed to find it and uninstall it.

I thank everyone for the attention that I have dedicated, it's my fault that I had left in my operating system software that was in conflict.

Thank you

more_horiz
Hello,

Thank you very much for the report, and the explanation because this may help some other people ... Smile

more_horiz
Thank you for your patience dedicated.
Even the alpha version 0.4.16.3 works perfectly.

Greetings
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum