The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Start Menu Empty[ANSWERED] Start Menu

more_horiz
hi..i tried yesterday alpha version 4.15.3...and the start menu works only with the right click context menu...and not with the left click...did i remove something?????

description[ANSWERED] Start Menu EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Start Menu

more_horiz
Hi Vinc,

did you use the file WinReducer100_v0.4.15.3.wccf from winterstorm, or did you modified the settings ?
Which version of w10 did you take ? Pro/Home, x64/x86, Build 10240 ?
Did you test your reduced iso on a virtual machine, or on a physical computer ?

more_horiz
hi caphp...i used the wccf from winterstorm with 2 or 3 modifications....windows 10 pro build 10240..and i tested on my usb3 key sandisk extrem with the freeware "wintousb"   "http://www.easyuefi.com/wintousb/".......fantastic program to install windows on usb hdd..or usb stick

more_horiz
Vinc wrote:
hi..i tried yesterday alpha version 4.15.3...and the start menu works only with the right click context menu...and not with the left click...did i remove something?????

(I found on google)

Step 1: Right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

Step 2: Type Powershell in Command Prompt and press Enter.

Step 3: Paste the following text in the Powershell window and press Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Wait for the command to run and ignore the red error prompts if they arise. The Start Menu should be operational now.

more_horiz
To my mind, there will be one of your extra modifications responsible for the behaviour. Remember, its still alpha build and there might be more "features" like that in these versions.
I'm sure, if you repeat your work without the extra mods, your iso will work.

more_horiz
now i remember..i removed tablet pc...is this the reason????

more_horiz
thanks a lot ruby2hora..i will try that

more_horiz
Hi Vinc,

I'm not sure that tablet pc can be responsible for that behaviour ( never had a problem with that ).
Maybe you can try first the possible solution of ruby2hora.
Hope that this can help you.

If you plan to use your winreducer iso on your physical machine, you maybe can wait till the end of this month.
Winterstorm will try to release a beta build till then.

more_horiz
ok.....thanks a lot guys
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum