The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[IMPLEMENTED] Upgrade 7-zip from version 9.38beta to 15.08beta and integrate x64 build for 64 Bit systems Empty[IMPLEMENTED] Upgrade 7-zip from version 9.38beta to 15.08beta and integrate x64 build for 64 Bit systems

more_horiz
Hey Winter!

I have another request. I know that the 7-zip version 9.38beta is working quite well and stable, but you could maybe upgrade it to version 15.08 and also add an x64 build for the 64 Bit systems to maybe add even more speed to the WinReducer Software!

Keep up the great work and all the best,
Markus

description[IMPLEMENTED] Upgrade 7-zip from version 9.38beta to 15.08beta and integrate x64 build for 64 Bit systems EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Upgrade 7-zip from version 9.38beta to 15.08beta and integrate x64 build for 64 Bit systems

more_horiz
+1

description[IMPLEMENTED] Upgrade 7-zip from version 9.38beta to 15.08beta and integrate x64 build for 64 Bit systems EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Upgrade 7-zip from version 9.38beta to 15.08beta and integrate x64 build for 64 Bit systems

more_horiz
Hey guys,

I'm (also) working on a schedule program for the end of 2015 ... and what I could tell is :
- I will reveal the new schedule in few days ... with some surprises
- I've planned to work exclusively (like for EX-100) on EX-70 in .... November 2015. I've planned to update EX-70 to support 64bits software (like in all other EX-Series software) and also to bring all improvements made by the EX-100 (forum alpha) work !

I haven't think about upgrading 7zip yet, but this could be done easily.

Is 7zip v15.08 faster than v9.38 ?

more_horiz

I would expect it to be so, plus, there are a whole host of bug fixes and improvements since Jan 2015.  Here's the change log entries since 9.38 beta  (notice, there are some changes that affect WIM files...)

What's new after 7-Zip 9.38 beta:

7-Zip now can extract ext3 and ext4 (Linux file system) images.

7-Zip now can extract GPT images and single file QCOW2, VMDK, VDI images.
7-Zip now can extract solid WIM archives with LZMS compression.

7-Zip now can extract RAR5 archives.
7-Zip now doesn't sort files by type while adding to solid 7z archive.
new -mqs switch to sort files by type while adding to solid 7z archive.
The BUG in 7-Zip File Manager was fixed:
The "Move" operation to open 7z archive didn't delete empty files.
The BUG in 15.05 was fixed:
console version added some text to the end of stdout stream, is -so switch was used.
The BUG in 9.30 - 15.05 was fixed:
7-Zip could not open multivolume sfx RAR archive.

7-Zip File Manager now can operate with alternate file streams at NTFS volumes via "File / Alternate Streams" menu command.
7-Zip now can extract .zipx (WinZip) archives that use xz compression.
new optional "section size" parameter for BCJ2 filter for compression ratio improving.
Example: -mf=BCJ2:d9M, if largest executable section in files is smaller than 9 MB.
Speed optimizations for BCJ2 filter and SHA-1 and SHA-256 calculation.
Console version now uses stderr stream for error messages.
Console version now shows names of processed files only in progress line by default.
new -bb[0-3] switch to set output log level. -bb1 shows names of processed files in log.
new -bs[o|e|p][0|1|2] switch to set stream for output messages;o: output, e: error, p: progress line; 0: disable, 1: stdout, 2: stderr.
new -bt switch to show execution time statistics.
new -myx[0-9] switch to set level of file analysis.
new -mmtf- switch to set single thread mode for filters.
The BUG was fixed:
7-Zip didn't restore NTFS permissions for folders during extracting from WIM archives.
The BUG was fixed:
The command line version: if the command "rn" (Rename) was called with more than one pair of paths, 7-Zip used only first rename pair.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:

It is faster but marginally - but like brittech said there are many bugs that have been solved and some wim file hanling changes - so it seems to me a worhy upgrade!

Great that you are planing to integrate all the changes to WinReducer 7.0 EX!

more_horiz
Hello,

"7zip -v 15.14" will be available next week with "EX70 - v1.3.0.0" !

more_horiz
Thank you very much for your excellent work! Keep it going!

All the best,
Markus
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum