The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionReg policy to disable Windows 10 upgrade EmptyReg policy to disable Windows 10 upgrade

more_horiz
Apologies if this has already been suggested somewhere in the forum, but I came across a handy way to disable the Window 10 (flag/app) waiting to upgrade you.

DISABLE

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GWX]
"DisableGwx"=dword:00000001

Import that into your registry and reboot.  It is a policy that disables the Windows 10 upgrade, which can be easily reversed when you do want to upgrade.

ENABLE

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GWX]
"DisableGwx"=dword:00000000

descriptionReg policy to disable Windows 10 upgrade EmptyRe: Reg policy to disable Windows 10 upgrade

more_horiz
that would be nice as a new component, which would also remove:

Folders:
Windows\System32\GWX
Windows\SysWOW64\GWX
Windows\System32\appraiser

Files:
Windows\System32\appraiser.dll

Source:

http://www.heise.de/forum/heise-online/News-Kommentare/Windows-Update-installiert-Downloader/Re-Was-passiert-denn/posting-2258238/show/

its written in german, but it says that the appraiser.dll is collecting harware IDs and checking if the system is compatible with win10. The collected data is stored at the System/syswow64 -> appraiser folder

im not sure if there are some more files

descriptionReg policy to disable Windows 10 upgrade EmptyRe: Reg policy to disable Windows 10 upgrade

more_horiz
I've noted this my ToDo list, thanks for the information !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum