The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionUnable to Mount ISO EmptyUnable to Mount ISO

more_horiz
Currently I am running WinReducer EX-81 v1.2.2.0 and I have so far successfully downloaded all the files needed, but the issue I am having now is that after going through the extraction, when I attempt to mount the files it gives me an error "Your file is not mounted correctly... Hit OK to clean your system" and I have no clue what to do.

descriptionUnable to Mount ISO EmptyRe: Unable to Mount ISO

more_horiz
Hello and welcome,

Could you please precise which ISO are you trying to use ... exact file name, windows edition, ISO downloaded from where, official or modified ... with any useful information ... thanks !

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello and welcome,

Could you please precise which ISO are you trying to use ... exact file name, windows edition, ISO downloaded from where, official or modified ... with any useful information ... thanks !

Sure, I created an ISO from an HP OEM Install disk that came with my hardware, the windows edition is Windows 8.1 Pro x64, file name is HP_Win8.1Pro_Install.iso and it is official software, I put the ISO onto a USB stick already and have been installing from that so I know it works in that respect.

more_horiz
OK.

In your ISO "sources" folder, do you have an install.wim or install.esd or install.swm ?

Which running system are you using to launch EX-81 ?

more_horiz
I have install.wim, and I am running the same as the ISO, HP OEM disk, Windows 8.1 Pro with nothing added to the ISO.

more_horiz
Are you sure to have enough space on your HDD ? ... more than 15Gb free space.

more_horiz
I have 300GB of free HDD Space, the ISO extracts successfully, it's just that the following step after that where it attempts to mount it fails.

Here are some screenshots I took of the process I go through.

ht\tps\://imgur.\com/a/DG7Ap

(just take out each '\' )

more_horiz
the problem lies with the wim
is the one original wim?
or already processed?

more_horiz
Hen Ry wrote:
the problem lies with the wim
is the one original wim?
or already processed?

This is the original WIM, I created the ISO directly from the disc.

more_horiz
Which size has the install.wim because maybe this is only an update file and not a complete installation file ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Which size has the install.wim because maybe this is only an update file and not a complete installation file ?

The install.wim file is 3.56GB in size. I can successfully install Win 8.1 Pro onto a blank formatted HDD.

more_horiz
Try to open WinReducer and close it immediately in order to clean possible errors with your previous attempts.

Then restart your computer, and try again to extract your ISO, let me know.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Try to open WinReducer and close it immediately in order to clean possible errors with your previous attempts.

Then restart your computer, and try again to extract your ISO, let me know.

I followed those steps, even going through the steps a second time and I still receive the same error.

more_horiz
Hello,

There are no reason that doesn't work. Or this is an unsupported wim format, like a wimboot format.

Could you please try this :
- download an official ISO using the link in the point "1 - " from this thread : https://forum.winreducer.net/t1436-windows-10-official-iso-download-links

- try to mount it with WinReducer

- Please, let me know the result

Thanks.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

There are no reason that doesn't work. Or this is an unsupported wim format, like a wimboot format.

Could you please try this :
- download an official ISO using the link in the point "1 - " from this thread : https://forum.winreducer.net/t1436-windows-10-official-iso-download-links

- try to mount it with WinReducer

- Please, let me know the result

Thanks.

I cannot use a Windows 10 Evaluation ISO with my version of Winreducer (WinReducerEX81 v1.2.2.0) I downloaded an evaluation copy of Windows 8.1 Pro from that same website and after attempting to use that I still receive the same error.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum