The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] integrating updates -> install.wim missing Empty[SOLVED] integrating updates -> install.wim missing

more_horiz
hey winter,

i downloaded via winreducer the following updates:

Windows10.0-KB3081436-x64.msu
Windows10.0-KB3081440-x64.cab

and 

microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab

all x64. for net framework one question

why is the net framwork saved here WinReducerEX100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\Framework35\x64

when there is als this folder WinReducerEX100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64\NET35  ?

so now to the main problem. i let winreducer integrate those updates and net framework and i choose to automatically save it into a wim file. when winreducer if finished and closes itself the install.wim is missing. i tried it 2 times, same result.

im trying it now again without letting winreducer save the wim file automatically. so winreducer integrates updates into the wim, and after fiishing it opens the iso file creator (install.wim is still present) and saving it into a wim file -> install.wim is still present

the log file says this:

***** 17.08.2015 14:44:11 - SESSION OPENED *****
ERROR : 17.08.2015 14:53:40 ==> ISO File Creator (Save in a WIM File)
***** 17.08.2015 14:53:43 - SESSION CLOSED *****

***** 17.08.2015 17:24:50 - SESSION OPENED *****
ERROR : 17.08.2015 17:36:17 ==> ISO File Creator (Save in a WIM File)
***** 17.08.2015 17:36:21 - SESSION CLOSED *****

description[SOLVED] integrating updates -> install.wim missing EmptyRe: [SOLVED] integrating updates -> install.wim missing

more_horiz
Hey,

I'm on it to test if I could reproduce this ... thank you for the report ! Smile

description[SOLVED] integrating updates -> install.wim missing EmptyRe: [SOLVED] integrating updates -> install.wim missing

more_horiz
Yea that's right, I have the same problem with integration and also if I automatically cleanup with Winreducer the WinSxS folder. 
This happens on Windows 7, need to do it manually. Winreducer crashes because install.wim will be automatically deleted in the extraction folder...

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
all x64. for net framework one question

why is the net framwork saved here WinReducerEX100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\Framework35\x64

when there is als this folder WinReducerEX100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64\NET35  ?

Hey,

Because this is not a monthly update, this is a windows features to integrate in your ISO.

And "WinReducerEX100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64\NET35 " is a deprecated entry and will be removed in the beta, as well as as all other unneeded folders, because MS propose cumulative updates ... Wink

more_horiz
I confirm the bug, and I will propose a new build today with the fix ... thank you guys for your great reports !

more_horiz
SOLVED IN v0.4.3.0 !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum