The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Windows Store not working Empty[SOLVED] Windows Store not working

more_horiz
hey,

pedilover contacted me that windows store is not working for him

so i tested it myself. i switched the preset to protect MS online account to ON and also i kept the windows Store. But after installation the store is not working

someone tried it and knows what componen is causing it ?

i will do some tests now.

description[SOLVED] Windows Store not working EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Windows Store not working

more_horiz
ok i got it

to keep the Store funktion those are needed:

- Remove - Modern UI Apps -> Windows Java Script
- Remove - Modern UI Apps -> Windows Store
- Remove - Modern UI Apps ->Windows Visual C++ Runtime
- Windows Store Service

maybe there are some more because i didnt remove everything to test it just the once i remove

and Windows Update Service is breaking the windows store

description[SOLVED] Windows Store not working EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Windows Store not working

more_horiz
Remove - Modern UI Apps -> Get Started

is also breaking it

more_horiz
Does Modern UI Apps have any files other than the ones in program files?

more_horiz
Metaleiroll wrote:
Does Modern UI Apps have any files other than the ones in program files?

im not sure but i could think that something like the "Immersive Control Panel" got files at the windows folder (system32 / syswow64)

more_horiz
Hello,

Thank you for the report, because I will release a new version tomorrow ... to fix this "Get Started" components bugs ... Very Happy

more_horiz
Needed:
- Windows Store Service

Breaks:
- Windows Update Service
- Remove - Modern UI Apps -> Get Started

Winter, after solving the 2 components that break the store, how about making a preset to protect the windows store ?

more_horiz
Hey,

Maybe I misread your thread but I've you used "Presets - Protect Modern UI Apps" ? I'm just asking this because Windows Store is a Modern UI Apps ... Wink

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey,

Maybe I misread your thread but I've you used "Presets - Protect Modern UI Apps" ? I'm just asking this because Windows Store is a Modern UI Apps ... Wink

hey,

pedilover contacted me that something has broken his windows store, maybe he removed one of those

- Windows Update Service

which breaks the store. (after removing them i got an "store is not responding" and an "windows tried to access space on XXX memory" or somthing like that)

and i thought about a preset to just protect the store. because "Presets - Protect Modern UI Apps" will protect all apps ?

more_horiz
ok.

- Windows Update Service

are not breraking the store anymore.

winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey,

what i meant was, the Protect modern UI Apps protects all apps. But if i want to remove all Apps and only keep the store you need to keep

Needed:
- Windows Store Service

for the store to work and new users dont know that they need to keep them (i myself didnt know it and needed to test it)

so i thought it would be good to have a preset that only protects the store function
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum