The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Bug report for v0.4.0.0, search function is out of order Empty[SOLVED] Bug report for v0.4.0.0, search function is out of order

more_horiz
NO, I didn't remove Windows search, this BUG is hiding in Languages, but I don't know which country, maybe France. Razz Razz Razz

description[SOLVED] Bug report for v0.4.0.0, search function is out of order EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Bug report for v0.4.0.0, search function is out of order

more_horiz
so you mean when you remove somthing from languages the search is not working?

which search at the explorer window or when you open the start menu and enter something or at the search bar at your taskbar ?

description[SOLVED] Bug report for v0.4.0.0, search function is out of order EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Bug report for v0.4.0.0, search function is out of order

more_horiz
Yes, I remove almost all language, all search fuction are out of order.

more_horiz
ok thanks for the info

more_horiz
Hello guys,

Have you used the "Presets - Protect Windows Search" ?

more_horiz
Hi winterstoprm2050

I've remove all languages but left US, and used Presets - Protect Windows Search, but it didn't work, the search function still out of order. sorry.

more_horiz
OK, thank you for the report, I've added this in my bugs list ... Wink

more_horiz
it's so weird, I've reduced iso to 1.45GB, and of course I removed windows search, but I forgot to remove language, and the search function still working.

more_horiz
so:

Protect Windows search preset ON + not removing Windows search + removing languages -> search is not working
Protect Windows search preset OFF + removing Windows search + not removing languages -> search is working ?

if yes it really is something at Languages that breaks it. I will get a look on it maybe today or tomorrow

more_horiz
Protect Windows search preset OFF + removing Windows search + not removing languages -> search is working ?

Yes, definitely.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

When you are saying Windows Search, you need to take care because in Windows 10 there is : Windows Search (Explorer) and Cortana (removing is a little buggy, but I will update this soon) ... which one are you talking about ... Wink

more_horiz
Windows Search (Explorer).

more_horiz
hey i tested it with TH2 (10586) and even after removing cortana, indexing and windows search, the search at explorer is working

i also removed all languages and keyboard layouts

more_horiz
hi,

is it still happening?
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum