The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] integrating update KB3074683 Empty[ANSWERED] integrating update KB3074683

more_horiz
Is anyone else having problems integrating this in during the WinReducer process?

I have the .msu file which I have placed in
\WinReducerEX100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64\Updates 
and also a copy in 
\WinReducerEX100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64\

but it doesnt seem to work. At the beginning of the process, it says it is integrating updates but its done in less than 10 seconds. Is that normal?

description[ANSWERED] integrating update KB3074683 EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] integrating update KB3074683

more_horiz
^^

I'm not sure, but it could be normal. From what I have read, Windows 10 updates are going to be cumulative - ie, the latest downloadable file for updating will contain all previous updates in it, and only the update necessary for your system will be installed. If you update through Windows Update, it will download only those parts required for your system since your last update.

So if you have just downloaded the official ISO, my guess is that many of the previous updates are already incorporated in it. So although kb3074683 is 300 Mb+, only whatever update has been released over the past 24-48 hours needs to be installed. That could be why it gets done quickly.

After you install the OS,  check whether any new update is available. If it isn't, then this update has been successful.

description[ANSWERED] integrating update KB3074683 EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] integrating update KB3074683

more_horiz
Hello,

I've tried the WinReducer procedure from the beginning and it worked.

So be sure to :
- download the file using the embedded tool in WinReducer : "Updates Downloader"
- select in WinReducer : "System" tab -> "Integrate Updates" field : choose the correct folder "WinReducerEX100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64" for x64 ISO -- OR -- WinReducerEX100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x86 for x86 ISO

Have a good day !

more_horiz
Yes you're right, just checked and it worked. But now the problem seems to be a ballooning iso file. Before, my final iso size was ~1.7GB, now its >3GB
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum