The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionstripped down win8 on chromebox? Emptystripped down win8 on chromebox?

more_horiz
hi folks

has anyone ever attempted or been able to install win8 on a chromebox I have been trying for nearly a week now to get a stripped down version onto it but a stripped down version wont install at all. I get past the installation procedure but when it reboots and checks hardware I get a blue screen with a sad face telling me there was a problem. when it reboots again it just says windows can not continue the installation and basically to start again. I have tried installing a non stripped version and that installs ok but obviously with my internal ssd only being 16gb there is not much more I can do with it after.

any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou

just to add I am not removing anything of great importance when I reduce the iso either

descriptionstripped down win8 on chromebox? EmptyRe: stripped down win8 on chromebox?

more_horiz
Hello,

Have you removed, maybe, some necessary "Drivers" ?

descriptionstripped down win8 on chromebox? EmptyRe: stripped down win8 on chromebox?

more_horiz
hi winter

no I have left the drivers its just keyboards,languages, metro ui things like that
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum