The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[Answered] Printer installation broken Empty[Answered] Printer installation broken

more_horiz
Fax and Scan Services (in Features) brokes printers installation? 
I have removed these feature but I want remove only fax, not printers. I need a wireless printer, not usb. The error is: Port not specified error 0x00000704 

My preset is : http://pastebin.com/Fp1b2PtH

What have I removed to broke installation wireless printer?

description[Answered] Printer installation broken EmptyRe: [Answered] Printer installation broken

more_horiz
Hello,

I'm not sure that's "Fax and scan Services" which broke printers installation. Because I'm always removing it and never experienced troubles. Or maybe you need it for a very specific functionality printer driver.

But, I think that you need to keep the manufacturer printer driver in WinReducer remover drivers section, sometimes it helps.

Let me know please.

TOPIC MOVED TO HELP FORUM

description[Answered] Printer installation broken EmptyRe: [Answered] Printer installation broken

more_horiz
I have never had problems removing all printers drivers  scratch
Anyway the components to keep may be:
PC Card and PCMIA (because I have never tried to remove)
or

Printer - Brother and Printer - Generic

I will try Very Happy

more_horiz
I had one hell of  time with a older Canon printer (i560s) that can only get a driver off of M$'s site through a 'update'. It needs some 'base' M$ driver to work or the printer won't work.
Canon has no driver for it and you can't 'save' what is on M"$ site, you have to go through the hassle of a M$ update to load the required files.

more_horiz
I have found it!! Winter2000 by removing SNMP feature, it brokes the installation of printers (in my case network printer Brother) study lol! Very Happy

more_horiz
Hey,

Excellent ! Thank you for sharing the result ... Smile

more_horiz
Is it a network printer and are you using it that way?
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum