The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionInternet Explorer Shortcut Delete Problems EmptyInternet Explorer Shortcut Delete Problems

more_horiz
Hello.

How to delete Internet Explorer shortcut here C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I can't find the shortcut and delete it when WinReducer has mount the WIM file, because its user specific.

So i hope someone has a solution.

I also need to remove the pinned shortcut too, and i think its user specific too.

descriptionInternet Explorer Shortcut Delete Problems EmptyRe: Internet Explorer Shortcut Delete Problems

more_horiz
Hi

you need to enable the "hidden folders" funktion at explorer. now you will see some more folders at user

i think the shortcut is at

C:\Users\Default
and
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

what you could also do when enabled the hidden folder. just go to the folder where "windows, users etc " folders are (mounted dir) and search for your shortcut.

descriptionInternet Explorer Shortcut Delete Problems EmptyRe: Internet Explorer Shortcut Delete Problems

more_horiz
I have tried to search in the mounted dir, but i can't find the shortcut.

But then i install the customized windows, the shortcut shows up.

more_horiz
hmm did you try to search it manually by going into the folders i mentioned?

more_horiz
First i looked into the folders you mentioned, but no luck.

After i searched in the root of the mounted dir with windows search, but still no luck.

more_horiz
could you try searching for "*.lnk" withouth the "

more_horiz
Still no luck.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum