The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[Answered] Help - false positive? Empty[Answered] Help - false positive?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello guys,

"WinReducer 7.0 - v4.2.0.0" has been released !

CHANGELOG :

Hi winterstorm2050,
I am new to WinReducer. First of all, thank you a lot for your work, this software looks like a great project.

I am here to report a problem that I am experiencing; I have just donwloaded WinReducer 7.0 - v4.2.0.0 from the official website, and the SHA-1 matches (3b7da1c85c5c88bd19c60d47fd2a98dba21f4e5a). The problem is that my antivirus keeps telling me that there is a "Skeeyah.A!bit" type of Trojan in the WinReducer70.exe file. I performed a couple of online file scans, based on many different antiviruses, and in all cases some of them kept coming up with a virus alert either. Why could it be so? Are they just reacting to the fact that the software is designed to modify Windows?

(My antivirus is Microsoft Security Essentials)
Thanks.
Ric91

description[Answered] Help - false positive? EmptyRe: [Answered] Help - false positive?

more_horiz
Post moved to Help forum.

For peace of mind, you could upload the .zip file to virustotal.com.
Do you regularly full scan your system?

EDIT:  I just did this to test and the results report that 9 out of 57 report the file as suspicious/virus, however, I would pay particular attention to AV companies like...
Kaspersky,  Symantec,  McAfee,  F-Secure... updated, after looking at recent real-world protection test HERE
Avira, Bit Defender, Panda, Trend Micro, Kaspersky

description[Answered] Help - false positive? EmptyRe: [Answered] Help - false positive?

more_horiz
like i wrote at the chatbox:

@Ric91 i think brittech answerde this already here : https://forum.winreducer.net/t1337-help-false-positive but just to make sure, thats false alarm , there arent any trojans or other things in winreducer which will harm your data

more_horiz
Hello,

I confirm that's a false positive due to the new activation system and I'm doing my best to solve this quickly.

I confirm what KrX previously said.

Cheers.

more_horiz
Hello,

This should be solved.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum