The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionBuild Win8.1 for Parallels MAC EmptyBuild Win8.1 for Parallels MAC

more_horiz
hello there,

I am new on this and i cant make a win8.1 build to work properly on parallels...

i mean.... i need to make a win8.1 build with as light as it can be 
         (removing all useless junk, modern ui, services, aero, themes, languages, drivers, and everything possible to remove) but leaving the essencial:

.net framework 3.5, 4 , 4.5 and on
       full printer services
       update service

is anyone there to give tips about what can and cant be taken out ?

thanks

descriptionBuild Win8.1 for Parallels MAC EmptyRe: Build Win8.1 for Parallels MAC

more_horiz
hey,

im not really sure because i use win7 but at the Preset tab you could switch on the preset to protect windows updates.

also dont remove at features -> net framework 3.5 and 4, all printing features(3 or 4 of them) and windows update

at remove tab -> (if you dont integrate any drivers) leave all printer driver, windows update and at the experimental you need to keep net framework (full and light cleanup) and also winsxs (install.wim). The cleanup for boot.wim should be ok

at services -> windows update and also printer service

i hope i didnt forget anything.

and i dont know if its still up but there was once an problem (im not really sure what it was) with App Readiness Service and Immersive Control Panel

EDIT: if you dont integrate any drivers for your printer but you know what printer you use i.e. if you use HP and canon, you could remove all drivers exept those 2, but if you use it on many printers and dont know what they are keep all of them

descriptionBuild Win8.1 for Parallels MAC EmptyRe: Build Win8.1 for Parallels MAC

more_horiz
thank you for your reply.

i didnt say but, i had a winXP lite on my parallels in Coherence Mode (it hides the OS and show the apps as it were native) and it as light speed fast.... BUT, there's no .net framework 4.0 and its needed for some windows apps. what i want is to replace this winXP lite if my new Win8.1 lite.

i already tried what you just said and i got an error compiling the build.

i think i cant simply remove all but the ones you said cause there's a lot of services and features depending from others... and im also afraid to lose network protocols ... 

well.. im trying another one.. ill post step by step what i did and hopefully at the end of this topic we should have the perfect final Win8.1 ultra lite iso for mac parallels.... Wink

thanks

more_horiz
yes that would be great.

topic moved to Win8.1 Help Forum

more_horiz
failed again.... :S

im preparing another set (with print screen) and posting it afterwards..

error log above (sorry its in Portuguese but i think its understandable) :

Code:

Consulte o final desta mensagem para obter detalhes sobre como chamar a
depuração just-in-time (JIT) em vez desta caixa de diálogo.

************** Texto de Exceção **************
System.IO.IOException: A operação solicitada não pode ser executada em um arquivo com uma seção mapeada pelo usuário aberta.

em System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   em System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   em System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   em System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
   em WinReducer81.Form_Main.Remover_Process()
   em WinReducer81.Form_Main.Home_Launcher_OpenISO_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   em System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblies Carregados **************
mscorlib
    Versão do Assembly: 4.0.0.0
    Versão do Win32: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    Base de Código: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WinReducer81
    Versão do Assembly: 1.0.5614.29163
    Versão do Win32: 2.1.0.0
    Base de Código: file:///D:/WinReducer81/WinReducer81.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Versão do Win32: 4.0.30319.34250 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    Base de Código: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Base de Código: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Versão do Win32: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    Base de Código: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    Base de Código: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Versão do Win32: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    Base de Código: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
mscorlib.resources
    Base de Código: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_pt-BR_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.xml.resources
    Base de Código: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_pt-BR_b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.resources.dll
Accessibility
    Versão do Win32: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    Base de Código: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Versão do Win32: 4.0.30319.36213 built by: FX452RTMLDR
    Base de Código: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_pt-BR_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Depuração JIT **************
Para habilitar a depuração just-in-time (JIT), o arquivo .config deste
aplicativo ou computador (machine.config) deve ter o valor
jitDebugging definido na seção system.windows.forms.
O aplicativo também deve ser compilado com a depuração
habilitada.

Por exemplo:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Quando a depuração JIT está habilitada, qualquer exceção sem tratamento
será enviada ao depurador JIT registrado no computador,
em vez de ser tratada nesta caixa de diálogo.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum