The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionTick option field: Create shortcuts for all users from post installer setups EmptyTick option field: Create shortcuts for all users from post installer setups

more_horiz
Hi there,

well during the installation it would be useful for me to get the programs installed from the 'post installer' into the desktop of all users.

it could be useful for other users here too if there is an option i can tick for doing this action.

so what i mean:

the created shortcuts of my setups which i add to the post installer should be automatically moved into the 'All users Desktop' - so every user has these shortcuts at his desktop.

descriptionTick option field: Create shortcuts for all users from post installer setups EmptyRe: Tick option field: Create shortcuts for all users from post installer setups

more_horiz
hi,

im not sure, but isnt this a defined by the installer/the parameters you use?

something like for irfanview

iview436_setup.exe /silent /desktop=0 /thumbs=0 /group=0 /allusers=1 /assoc=1

??

descriptionTick option field: Create shortcuts for all users from post installer setups EmptyRe: Tick option field: Create shortcuts for all users from post installer setups

more_horiz
Hey,

You mean to launch the batch file manually for every users ! I like this idea ... and I added it in my ToDo list for a new WinReducer integrated OOBE tool ... Wink

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey,

You mean to launch the batch file manually for every users ! I like this idea ... and I added it in my ToDo list for a new WinReducer integrated OOBE tool ... Wink

not running the post installer for every user but running a .batch that is copying the shortcuts in the "public user desktop" so every user on the PC will have the programs on his desktop.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum