The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Creating .iso File = very slow [latest Version] Empty[ANSWERED] Creating .iso File = very slow [latest Version]

more_horiz
Hi there,

i'm using the latest version and justhave done all settings but as i'm now creating the .iso file the process is going very very slow while integrating the updates.

I don't know if its a bug but if so it's very uncomfortable because to get the perfect .iso that fits my needs without errors i will have to create more than 1 .iso.
The process of integrateing the updates is now by one hour (115 Updates)

Would be really thankful for every suggestion! Thanks in Advance

What have i edited?

Theme: none
Features: only disabled the Windows Defender
Service: none
- just removed some modernUI apps like Bing Search, Travel (calculator, immersive control panel etc not)
- set the .net 3.5 framework path (copied all files manually from the original windows dvd to the appropriate folder)
- downloaded all Updates via th Inside Downloader

EDIT

Here is my Preset:

Code:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/7qelww

description[ANSWERED] Creating .iso File = very slow [latest Version] EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Creating .iso File = very slow [latest Version]

more_horiz
Hello and welcome user221,

The Update integration speed is dependent of your storage type : if you are using :
- an HDD : try to defragment it should help, and also temporary disable your antivirus
- a SDD : you should have a decent speed, and also temporary disable your antivirus

I'm working on many improvements speed for the removing parts but for the updates integration, as WinReducer uses the official MS method to integrate updates, I will try to find a better way in the future.

What I encouraged you to do if you have many ISO to create : just create an ISO with only all updates integrated (without customizations), then use this new ISO to create all other customized ISO you want ... this method will save you many time because you do not have to integrate all updates each times !

I'm doing like this ... Wink

Have a good day !

description[ANSWERED] Creating .iso File = very slow [latest Version] EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Creating .iso File = very slow [latest Version]

more_horiz
yo winterstorm,

thanks for the fast reply!
nice to hear i will hook you up with a donation very soon my friend.

the tip with importing the already created .iso is amazing but can i use the Inside Download Update Manager again?

Best regards from Germany

more_horiz
You're welcome ... Smile

Yes, because the WinReducer Download Update Manager is independent of your ISO. It will update itself each time you hit "Download" button with cleaning all unneeded updates (if "Delete deprecated updates" option is checked in the same window).

more_horiz
thats great man,

merci beaucoup Very Happy

more_horiz
one question left:

have i to mount the .iso always again or can i just use the folder option?
I'm extracting always the same .iso with only the updates, then loading my preset and do changes and export to a new .iso

Regards

more_horiz
Hi Xo

I use the folder option, and each time I use a command to extract the install.wim and boot.wim from my updated .iso, so that I'm starting with a clean image.  Also, don't forget to move the  .wccf  file in the root of the folder, which is created by WinRed.  Otherwise, it will think that the folder you are mounting is already reduced...

Many thanks

more_horiz
brittech wrote:
Hi Xo

I use the folder option, and each time I use a command to extract the install.wim and boot.wim from my updated .iso, so that I'm starting with a clean image.  Also, don't forget to move the  .wccf  file in the root of the folder, which is created by WinRed.  Otherwise, it will think that the folder you are mounting is already reduced...

Many thanks

I use a command to extract the install.wim and boot.wim from my updated .iso

Which command do u use?

Also, don't forget to move the  .wccf  file in the root of the folder

.wccf? from where do i have to copy it?

Thanks in Advance n best regards

more_horiz
Which command do u use?

I use 7zip to extract from a wim - very quick and clean.
Here's the command I use, think about each part and change them to suit your needs.

Code:

7z.exe  e  D:\win81u3.iso  sources\install.wim   -oD:\win81\sources    -aoa
7z.exe  e  D:\win81u3.iso  sources\boot.wim      -oD:\win81\sources    -aoa

wccf? from where do i have to copy it?

Well, I actually delete mine because WinReducer keeps a copy of every .wccf file I create in the (HOME\PRESET\LastUsed) folder - and they are timestamped!

more_horiz
yeah i think i've got it Very Happy many thanks brittech! Smile

Best regards
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum