The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[IMPLEMENTED] Logon Background Change Empty[IMPLEMENTED] Logon Background Change

more_horiz
greenworld wrote:

Hy dear, i changed my Windows 7 logon screen from GPEDITMSC.
Here is the method:
1: Copied a wallpaper to the: Windows\System32\oobe\info\backgrounds,  named: backgroundDefault.jpg

2: typed gpedit.msc in Run, 
goto: Administrative Templates> System> Logon> Always use custom logon background> enable it.

Question: I want to do this automatically with Windows installation, if you know how it can be done, please help me. Thanks

I got this PM, but i always thought it is already integrated at winreducer. But i couldnt find it, so i opend this thread here so winter could add it to winreducer.

Its really easy done. You just need to change a registry value and put the picture in the right folder (.jpg format and max 245kb big)

Here is a tutorial:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

in some cases this key need to be changed too.

Next, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

Double click "UseOEMBackground" and set the value to 1 if it is not already

Note: You may have to create the "key"; to do so Right-Click Anywhere on the right side window and click "New > DWORD (32 bit) Value." Name the key UseOEMBackground and then double click the key like before and change the value to 1.

description[IMPLEMENTED] Logon Background Change EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Logon Background Change

more_horiz
at the moment you could do that:

i would say you could try it first on your live system and if it works like you want you could export those 2 registry keys. after that mount with winreducer your win7 and go to your Winreducer folder -> Work -> Mount and copy the picture to the right folder (like discribed in the tutorial) . if done go at winreducer -> System Tab -> WinReducer Registry Integrator and add the reg file.

Hit Apply and thats it.

description[IMPLEMENTED] Logon Background Change EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Logon Background Change

more_horiz
I do it all with Group Policy Editor,
my question is:
How to export specific settings from Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) as registry files or batch files for future use?

more_horiz

more_horiz
Kasch wrote:

I didn't find it useful, but thanks for help,

more_horiz
Hello,

This is already available in WinReducer 7.0, when using "Appearance - Change Desktop Background" ... Wink

The main problem is to take care at the size. You could try for example the Official WinReducer Theme Pack for Windows named "Waves".

Have a good day !

more_horiz
I am confused, What things Official WinReducer Theme Pack contains? and where it is?
I think you are saying about this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'll have a look on this later.

Please give me idea or pack for me Windows 7 default cursors into any WinReducer theme pack. Thanks

more_horiz
This topic is useless now, I have look the WinReducer for more than a hour and seen all what i required. Thanks to Admin and others who posted to help..
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum