The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Windows explorer EXTREMELY slow to show data in folders Empty[ANSWERED] Windows explorer EXTREMELY slow to show data in folders

more_horiz
Hi.
Windows explorer is extremely slow to load whatever is contained within a folder or when I rename a file, it can take up 30 seconds for it to be displayed.

Windows explorer on opening:[ANSWERED] Windows explorer EXTREMELY slow to show data in folders On_ope10

About 1 or 2 minutes later:[ANSWERED] Windows explorer EXTREMELY slow to show data in folders One_mi10

When I open a folder the icons are not displayed, however it should not happen is I have the following config:

<Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Automatically Expand to Current Folder" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Command Bar - Remove Burn" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Command Bar - Remove Include in Library" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Command Bar - Remove Library Pane" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Disable Files and Folders Descriptions" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Disable Thumbnails" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Disable Thumbnails Cache" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Disable Thumbnails File Icons" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Disable Recently Opened Programs List" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Disable User Tracking" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Enable Confirmation Dialog to Apply to all Current Items" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Enable File Transfer Dialog with more Details" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Hidden Files and Folders (Show)" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Hidden System Files (Hide)" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Increase Icon Cache to 4MB" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Open File Security Warning Removal" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Preview Pane (Show)" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - PowerShell instead of Command Prompt" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Recent Document History (Delete on Exit)" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Recent Document History (Do Not Save)" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Remove Libraries from Navigation Pane" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Remove Network from Navigation Pane" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Remove Pin to Start Screen" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Remove Shortcut Arrow" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Remove Shortcut Suffix" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Run in a Separate Process" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Show Drive Letters Before Drive Names" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Show File Extension" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Show Folder Merge Conflicts" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Explorer - Show Full Path in Explorer Title Bar" Selected="true" />

Any ideas?
Thx

description[ANSWERED] Windows explorer EXTREMELY slow to show data in folders EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Windows explorer EXTREMELY slow to show data in folders

more_horiz
Hey,

I never experienced such troubles ... Maybe an integrated update ? Have you used WinReducer Updates Catalog ?

Have you tried without all tweaks ?

description[ANSWERED] Windows explorer EXTREMELY slow to show data in folders EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Windows explorer EXTREMELY slow to show data in folders

more_horiz
I dont use the WR update catalog. I update a VM and capture it with DISM and reduce that.
I havent tried it without removing tweaks section. Was hoping that someone would have an idea so I wouldnt have to go through that troubleshooting process again Smile

more_horiz
hmm i also never got this problem. and if i would try i would check if this tweaks do not cause the problem:

this 2 tweaks are the only one that i never used

more_horiz
Hey, have you found what was causing this issue? I haven't experienced it with any newly reduced builds, but I have experienced it some time later - I suspect if the machine had a "dirty" shutdown. Sometimes cleaning the registry with ccleaner rectifies it, but at other times I have had to re-install windows.

It's happened a lot of times to me, but as I said, always (I think) if the machine was powered off without shutting down. I've wondered what could cause it. Have you faced this on a newly installed windows, or like me, only after a bad shutdown?

more_horiz
Hi aymanalz.
I found that it was the "Increase Icon Cache to 4MB" was the root cause.
By changing the value in the registry to 2400, the issue disappeared.
http://www.kapilarya.com/increase-icon-cache-size
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum