The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Winreducer 8.1 v1.5.9.0 - Windows Install shows "no images are available" Empty[ANSWERED] Winreducer 8.1 v1.5.9.0 - Windows Install shows "no images are available"

more_horiz
I've been trying to customize a Windows 8.1 Pro x64 install with winreducer, but every single time I create an ISO, I get a message during windows setup saying "no images are available".  I've checked the forum and another user had this issue which was fixed by not removing some drivers (ex-fat, SCSI, etc), and also by not cleaning the boot wim.  I've tried this, and several other things, such as using different source Windows 8.1 images, and making sure the computer did not go to sleep mode during the reduction process.  However, I am still getting this error.  Is anyone else having this issue with the latest build?  The last time I used Winreducer was over a year ago and it worked fine.  I could really use some help figuring out whether I'm doing something wrong or if this is a bug in the software.

Thanks

description[ANSWERED] Winreducer 8.1 v1.5.9.0 - Windows Install shows "no images are available" EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Winreducer 8.1 v1.5.9.0 - Windows Install shows "no images are available"

more_horiz
hi,

you mean you boot your cd/usb and than you get this "error"?

if yes try this:

- replace the boot.wim from your reduced os with an boot.wim from your untouched iso

if that does not work

- remove the unattanded.xml from the root of your iso

EDIT:

i think this is your problem?

[ANSWERED] Winreducer 8.1 v1.5.9.0 - Windows Install shows "no images are available" Win8_1

if yes try the second option (remove unattanded.xml) i think that could work.
i think that something is wrong with that file, so if thats the problem could you post it here ? (remove your serial before posting)

description[ANSWERED] Winreducer 8.1 v1.5.9.0 - Windows Install shows "no images are available" EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Winreducer 8.1 v1.5.9.0 - Windows Install shows "no images are available"

more_horiz
Yes, that is the problem I'm getting during install.

I replaced the boot.wim from the original ISO.  This did not fix the issue.  Still seeing the same screen.

Next, I tried removing unattended.xml and this seems to have worked.  Excellent.  However, I would like to use unattended feature in the future... any guesses what might be causing this error to appear in the unattend settings?

EDIT:

I have "hide boot image selection" checked.  Could this be causing the issue?  Tested a build with this unchecked and still getting the same issue.  Any help finding the culprit here?

more_horiz
so what i was guessing was right.

i could think that this part isnt correct in your file

/IMAGE/INDEX

how does it look at your file?

what you could do (for testing) is not check the "hide boot Image" or just delete this part at your file:

/IMAGE/INDEX

OnError

normally the value 1 means that the first index is used, so which number do you get?

what you could also do is check your Indexes.

do this:

download my tool:
https://forum.winreducer.net/t1170-krx-product-wim-filelist

start it and select your install.wim file.
next step is click on "Show all Index" and post the result (text or Picture)

do this step again with your boot.wim (just to be sure)

more_horiz
I'm creating a new build now and will upload a picture of the results from your tool as soon as I can.  In the mean time, it looks like the unattend.xml file is the culprit and is missing the ImageInstall section in my recent builds.  Perhaps this is a new bug in Winreducer, since my unattend.xml file from a year ago works properly.  Here is an example:

OLD BUILD (May 2014)

Code:

<UserData>
        <AcceptEula>true</AcceptEula>
        <ProductKey>
          <Key>XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX</Key>
          <WillShowUI>OnError</WillShowUI>
        </ProductKey>
      </UserData>
      <ImageInstall>
       <OSImage>
          <InstallFrom>
            <MetaData wcm:action="add">
              <Key>/IMAGE/INDEX</Key>
              <Value>1</Value>
            </MetaData>
          </InstallFrom>
      </OSImage>
      </ImageInstall>

NEW BUILD (April 2015)

Code:

<UserData>
        <AcceptEula>true</AcceptEula>
        <ProductKey>
          <Key>XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX</Key>
        </ProductKey>
      </UserData>
    </component>
  </settings>

The necessary image settings are missing in the new builds.  Can anyone else confirm that their unattend files are missing these sections with the most recent version of WinReducer?

By the way, thank you so much for helping me narrow down the issue.  I was going crazy thinking my builds were completely corrupt.

more_horiz
ok good for you that its ok now.

what i can say is that it is working for winreducer 7.

but i think winter can say more about it when he gets online

more_horiz
Hello guys,

Are you using an old wccf ? If so could you please try to load your old wccf and verify if the autounatted part in WinReducer is correctly loaded ("Hide boot image").

Which ISO are you using : Already modified or official MS ?

Please let us know !

Have a good day !

more_horiz
I don't have an old wccf file. I was starting from scratch.
I'm using an unmodified windows 8.1 pro 64 bit ISO.

more_horiz
Ok, thank you for your answer. Your configuration is perfect, so it could be a controller driver trouble.

Have you removed some controller drivers (in remover" tab) ?

more_horiz
No, I haven't removed any controller drivers, the only drivers I have removed are printer and scanner drivers.

I spoke too soon earlier, the latest build had the correct autounattend file, with the proper Image information.  However, I'm still seeing the same result during setup: "no images are available".

Attached is the wccf file from the latest build.  Please let me know if you notice any problems that I'm making here.
winreducer.wccf

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
start it and select your install.wim file.
next step is click on "Show all Index" and post the result (text or Picture)

do this step again with your boot.wim (just to be sure)

[ANSWERED] Winreducer 8.1 v1.5.9.0 - Windows Install shows "no images are available" Instal11

[ANSWERED] Winreducer 8.1 v1.5.9.0 - Windows Install shows "no images are available" Bootwi11

Here you are. :-\  Still looks okay to me.  I don't understand what's going on.  Any insights now?

more_horiz
I'm trying your wccf at the moment ... Smile

more_horiz
Oh my goodness.  You're going to hate me for this, but I discovered the problem, and it was completely my fault.

The Windows Serial key I entered was incorrect and therefore it wasn't allowing me to proceed with the install because the Setup thought that there were no Windows images available for the serial I was using.  

Sorry for all the trouble, but kudos to both of you for helping me pinpoint the issue.

more_horiz
so you are using the lateste Version of winreducer and with a new created wccf file (hide boot Image is activated?) and it does not work?

could you look at the unattand.XML you get with this wccf file. does it contain the lines i mentioned above?

more_horiz
ah ok. so now it does work?

more_horiz
Yes, everything seems to be working now.  Smile

more_horiz
iahaleem wrote:
Oh my goodness.  You're going to hate me for this, but I discovered the problem, and it was completely my fault.

The Windows Serial key I entered was incorrect and therefore it wasn't allowing me to proceed with the install because the Setup thought that there were no Windows images available for the serial I was using.  <facepalm>

Sorry for all the trouble, but kudos to both of you for helping me pinpoint the issue.

OK, there are no problems, don't worry, the purpose is to help you solve your troubles, and eventually to see if if it's not a bug. So in your case, you made an error while you entered your serial number and it hangs.

So just modify your serial in your "autounattended.xml" file, it's not necessary to recreate your entire ISO ... do it only if you need to practice a new slimming down exercise ... Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum