The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[Answered] The applcation has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect Empty[Answered] The applcation has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect

more_horiz
Hi all.
I got this error in my latest reduction. I have never gotten this error before. Anyone seen this before?

"The applcation has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect"
[Answered] The applcation has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect Side_b10

This happens with all application I try to install, no matter how big or small the application is, it gives the same error.
Office, Paint .NET, CCleaner, all the same.

Here is the wccf file from my last reduction.

description[Answered] The applcation has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect EmptyRe: [Answered] The applcation has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect

more_horiz
what happens when you copy the installation to D:\ ?

the same ?

EDIT: did you change something on your wccf file what you before didnt remove ?

description[Answered] The applcation has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect EmptyRe: [Answered] The applcation has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect

more_horiz
I seem to have fixed the issue.
It was related to either one of two things:
1. I had selected to remove Windows Mobile PC in the "Features" section
2. I had taken a "bad" snapshot with DISM.

I think it was more than likely something to do with Windows Mobile PC, however.

All is working now correctly.

more_horiz
Hey theKramer,

Hope you feel good ... Smile

Just for my information, are you using the latest WinReducer 8.1 build ? Thanks for your answer.

more_horiz
Hi winter.
I was using the latest as of that week. I always update before starting a reduction
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum