The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionIs Windows 8 standard best for a reduced install? EmptyIs Windows 8 standard best for a reduced install?

more_horiz
I always used to buy the Pro or top end version of windows but having just compared all the Windows 8 version it seems pro and enterprise is just full of stuff i would never use so would the basic windows 8 standard version give the smallest install?

Not sure if that made any sense but Windows 8 standard has the least amount of features to start with so was assuming this would be best to use with Winreducer.

Thanks by the way for producing this software.

descriptionIs Windows 8 standard best for a reduced install? EmptyRe: Is Windows 8 standard best for a reduced install?

more_horiz
I guess the difference is not huge, you will not earn a lot of MB (if someone has actual values, that would be great).
Just check here what's present in Standard/Pro/Enterprise and choose whether you will need the additional features or not.
In my opinion, I'll keep the Pro version. I always needed the Group Policy after one point for some tricks/tips, some network features and I'm also using the Windows Media Center on a PC.

descriptionIs Windows 8 standard best for a reduced install? EmptyRe: Is Windows 8 standard best for a reduced install?

more_horiz
Thanks for trying to help. Smile

more_horiz
Hi and welcome,

As Windows 8 standard could take less space because it has less components ... However, it needs to be tested. And the link provided by seiferflo could help you to choose ...

more_horiz
Thanks winterstorm2050

That is the link i read before I came here as i can't see anything that pro or enterprise has that I would ever use.

I would never need more than 128gb of Ram , i don't use Encryption and as for remote desktop I have Intel Vpro KVM so would be using RealVNC remote , so I assumed the basic core version would be best for the smallest install but thought I would ask in case there was something I was missing that maybe i didn't think of as i wondered if all the versions performed the same as it's odd that the core only allows 128gb of Ram.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum