The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSERED] Post Install Admin Empty[ANSERED] Post Install Admin

more_horiz
Hello everyone.
I come to you for a problem for post insallation OOBE.
Indeed after windows installation script is copied to the root of the hard disk and executed.

Here is the file:

Code:

@ECHO OFF
for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\sources\install.wim set CDROM=%%i:
if not defined CDROM goto :eof
echo Detected CDROM as drive %CDROM%
cd\

Title Wintony 1.0
Color F0

@echo  **********     Bienvenue    **********

@echo  **********     Installation OFFICE 2013    **********
"%CDROM%\WinReducerPI\OFFICE2013\setup.exe" /config "%CDROM%\WinReducerPI\OFFICE2013\proplusr.ww\config.xml "

@echo  **********     Installation CHROME    **********
msiexec /q /I "%CDROM%\WinReducerPI\googlechromestandaloneenterprise.msi"

@echo  **********     Installation NOTEPAD     **********
"%CDROM%\WinReducerPI\npp.6.7.4.Installer.exe" /S

@echo  **********     Installation Winrar **********
"%CDROM%\WinReducerPI\winrar_5-21_en_9632_64.exe" /S

@echo  **********     Installation Ccleaner **********
"%CDROM%\WinReducerPI\ccsetup503.exe" /S

@echo  **********     Installation VLC **********
"%CDROM%\WinReducerPI\vlc-2.1.5-win32.exe" /S

@echo  **********     Installation Menu **********
"%CDROM%\WinReducerPI\ClassicShellSetup_4_1_0-fr.exe"

@echo  **********     ACTIVATION **********
"%CDROM%\WinReducerPI\[CENSORED] 10.0.3 Install\[CENSORED]" /silent

REM md c:\Users\Public\Desktop\Administration
REM move /y c:\Users\Public\Desktop\CCleaner.lnk c:\users\Public\Desktop\Administration

The problem is that for every program starts it opens the dialog to have administrator rights.

Is there a way around this wide preservation?

Thank you for the interest paid to my post

description[ANSERED] Post Install Admin EmptyRe: [ANSERED] Post Install Admin

more_horiz
Hello and welcome,

* Solution 1 :
Add a line to disable manually UAC in "WinReducerPI.cmd" at startup, then reactivate it at the end.

* Solution 2 :
Use "Tweaks - Disable UAC" from WinReducer 8.1 tweaks tab, but UAC will be disable permanently and I do not recommend to do this for security reasons.

* Solution 3 :
In WinReducer 8.1, when you add a User : choose "Administrator" instead of "User"

* Solution 4 (Source):
you could try to use this command in your WinReducerPI.cmd (not sure if that work correctly) :

Code:

runas /user:%ComputerName%\%AdministratorAccountName% /savecred "Full path to program's exe file"

Just replace :
- %ComputerName% : Your computer name mentioned in the Properties Control Panel page
- %AdministratorAccountName% : Generally the name "Administrator" (in English) is OK, but as far as I experienced sometimes it's preferable to correctly named it in your language. As it seems you are using French language, so I encourage you to use : "Administrateur" (without quotes)

These solutions need testing, but if you find something interesting, please let me know ... Smile

Hope this will help you and have a good day !

more_horiz
if solution 1 and/or 4 work (Need testing)
than i would suggest to add one of this Solutions as chooseable Option to winreducer

more_horiz
Hello,

thank you for your quick response.

I'll probably test solution 1 and 2 combined.

In view of the activation microsoft documentation or deactivation of uac need a redemarage the system. If I disables early in the post install it will have no effect on the script.

So I think the deactivated by default and make a go of uac and a reboot at the end of the script.

Code:

@ECHO OFF[size=13][/size]
for %%i in (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) do if exist %%i:\sources\install.wim set CDROM=%%i:[size=13][/size]
if not defined CDROM goto :eof[size=13][/size]
echo Detected CDROM as drive %CDROM%[size=13][/size]
cd\
[...]
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
shutdown /r

I'll keep you posted in the shortest time to the functionality or not of such a solution.

Thank you again for your answer.

more_horiz
Another possible solution...

Just add these lines to your autounattend.xml script - it disables UAC on install.

Code:

<settings pass="offlineServicing">
      <component xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" name="Microsoft-Windows-LUA-Settings" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS">
        <EnableLUA>false</EnableLUA>
      </component>
  </settings>
  <settings pass="offlineServicing">
      <component xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" name="Microsoft-Windows-LUA-Settings" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS">
        <EnableLUA>false</EnableLUA>
      </component>
  </settings>

Source: Technet
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum